PDA

View Full Version : Zenki Speakers

Motorhead
01-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Now... Before anybody goes on judging me, I am not ... by any means ... the kind of guy who won't be satisfied until I can hear my stereo from the next county. Now, with this in mind, has anyone upgraded the speakers in their car without A)Breaking the bank, or B)Pissing off their neighbors. I don't want an Amp, and I don't care about my street cred or whatever... I just want to replace 20 year old speakers and have the new ones not sound like an AM radio. I know nothing of car audio, and I know the short answer might be just OEM replacement but I imagine that falls into one or both of the categories listed above. Any advice?

az_240
01-22-2015, 10:26 PM
There are similar threads and everyone is going to have their opinion...
DIYmobileaudio.com is a great forum for research on speakers and different setups.

I've had a number of different speakers over the years. My favorite to date are the JL Audio C5 component speakers but they are pricey.

IMO the best bang for the buck on headunit power are the Pioneer TSD1602R. $70 shipped on Amazon. I recommend these to anyone wanting good sounding drop in speakers under $80.

Motorhead
01-22-2015, 11:18 PM
So it's all in the head unit? Or should I replace speakers? I don't care about brand name at all. Anything is better than 20 year old speakers