PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem somewhat solved in Pinky

Var
07-27-2004, 07:17 PM
ArdJosh pm'ed me about the metal object in my gas tank. It turns out it was a baffle and has been known to come loose in case of impact or really sudden change in direction. Anyways. The problem with the wiring happened right after i pulled a super sick drift around a right hand turn..the extreme g-forc of my superior clutch initiated spectacle of physics defying driftage could have cause the baffle to creep up to the fuel pump and cause a short. Although i am really skeptical this was the cause, it very well may have been. So i will take the baffle out(hopefully with no ill effects) and hope i dont blow up in the near future.

mrmephistopheles
07-27-2004, 07:48 PM
the baffle is there to keep your gas from sloshing around. It's abscence might turn out to be something of a hindrance, esp if your fuel pump can't get fuel after a little manji.

TheTimanator
07-27-2004, 07:56 PM
I've never heard of the baffle problem but.... I thought the baffles were there for a good reason. What happens when you corner hard and there are no baffles where the pump pick up is? (i forget what the term is for it) the pump won't be able to suck any fuel, if the tank get's low....

Either way...make sure you drain the tank! (not that wouldn't know to do that)

Var
07-27-2004, 09:50 PM
at the racetrack, my engine starved through a couple turns. Maybe the baffle wasnt working properly to begin with. But i filled it up and it fixed the problem. I'm gonna start researching the costs of a racing cell. thanks for the info.

AutoRnD
07-28-2004, 12:27 PM
if you run with 1/2 a tank or more you will be fine... ive had mine out of the car for somet ime now with no ill affect.. talk to the guys at signal auto as well as other drifter's who've gotten into a crash...