PDA

View Full Version : Driver side signal won't blink?

x_hawker
01-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Hi Zilvia, I was wondering if you could help me solve one of the problems I have right now. So my taillights signals blink normally and so do my passenger side front signal, but my driver side signal doesn't blink when i signal. The bulbs are not dead because they light up when the headlights are turned on. Anyone know what could be going on with my driver side signal?

Techguy
01-13-2015, 07:49 AM
Hi Zilvia, I was wondering if you could help me solve one of the problems I have right now. So my taillights signals blink normally and so do my passenger side front signal, but my driver side signal doesn't blink when i signal. The bulbs are not dead because they light up when the headlights are turned on. Anyone know what could be going on with my driver side signal?

Hard to tell x_hawker. It could be a multitude of things. (Gotta hate electrical ghosts). Taking a look at the Electrical FSM (I am looking at a 93 manual idk what you actually have), it seems the voltage for the turn signal touches the physical switch, the hazard switch, and a few connectors before actually hitting the bulb itself. So I guess the proper place to start would be by asking "When you have the bulb lit up by the marker lights and you turn on the turn signal, is the bulb going out or staying dim? And also, when you turn on the hazards is the bulb staying the same or flashing?

Good Luck!

x_hawker
01-13-2015, 10:03 PM
Hi techguy, thanks for the reply, it was extremely informative and very detailed. For some reason it started working again after i disconnected and reconnected the battery lol, strange. But thankyou for your help! Everything is working as normal. :D