PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Started...Help

s13_kcut
01-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Ya ya, Reverse started with wrong jumper cables on the wrong polarity and now my SR and now it will not turn over. Blew 75 amp ALT fuse. Replaced that and still not turning over. I can hear fuel pump turn on. Ran ECU diagnostics and it gave me fault code 21 - Ignition Signal and 34 - Knock Sensor. I did not have an analog multimeter to check igniter chip but with digital none of the pins had continuity. I will be heading to where the car is stored this week and wanted have a better plan of attack and better utilize diagnosing this eff up. Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

KC

s13_kcut
01-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Up...Up...anyone?

Chaluska
01-08-2015, 09:27 PM
yeah your fucked.

time for a new ECU, and probably a ton of fuses. wiring harness might be ok still.

s13_kcut
01-13-2015, 03:21 PM
yeah your fucked.

time for a new ECU, and probably a ton of fuses. wiring harness might be ok still.

I'm aware of that part...Checked continuity on all fuses. None blew. Only 75 A alternator. All interior lights work. Starter turns motor. Would ECU be blown if it is still giving me those 2 fault codes when put in diagnostic mode? Igniter fried? No continuity on any pin combination. But I was using a digital multi meter. Don't have analog multi meter to check yet. Hoping this has happened to someone who can share their findings.

Thanks in advance

Gar9854
01-13-2015, 03:41 PM
Chase the signal to the solenoid. If theres no fire try to jump it and see if itll run

stunnaben
01-13-2015, 03:44 PM
I'm aware of that part...Checked continuity on all fuses. None blew. Only 75 A alternator. All interior lights work. Starter turns motor. Would ECU be blown if it is still giving me those 2 fault codes when put in diagnostic mode? Igniter fried? No continuity on any pin combination. But I was using a digital multi meter. Don't have analog multi meter to check yet. Hoping this has happened to someone who can share their findings.

Thanks in advance

Odds are you're looking at something fried in the ECU..... I've seen this happen before on other vehicles.... Women and jumper cables...

Mike_A31
01-20-2015, 10:45 AM
happened to me getting a jump at Wal-Mart. Changed the igniter chip and main fuse and worked again no other issues.

rellik27
01-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Igniter most likely, check if your getting spark at the spark plugs.

s13_kcut
01-21-2015, 12:13 PM
happened to me getting a jump at Wal-Mart. Changed the igniter chip and main fuse and worked again no other issues.

Sounds good, just need to find a good igniter now.

Thank you