PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Flash, Hazard Flashers, Dimming Headlighrs Issues

firejackal
12-27-2014, 02:25 PM
It got some issues on my S14 I've been trying to figure out, so I'm hoping you guys can help out a little.

Because the R33 headlights I'm using right now uses 168/194/501 bulbs for the turn signals I have hyper flash due to the lower wattage I guess.
Anyone know of a fix for this? I've read about load resistors, but from my research it sounds like those are only for LED bulbs (which I have no plans on using.)

Second thing is I don't know if this is also affecting my hazard flashers/lights or not. When I press the hazard button, it does nothing for maybe 5 seconds, then I start hearing fast clicking (probably cause of the hyper flashing) but no lights or indicators yet for maybe another 5 seconds to 15 seconds. Then it slows down to normal speed and flashes the lights and the indicators.

The third issue is with the headlights (h1 bulbs), I've noticed while driving with them on, they will get brighter for a few seconds every minute or so (affecting both low and high beams). I still need to check the voltage during driving, but turning other things on (fan, radio, heat) doesn't seem to effect it.
So I'm not thinking the voltage regulator in the alternator (unknown mileage) but more of a ground for the headlights cause no other lights inside the car seem to flicker.

I also have yet to clean out the combination switch (I'm familiar with the switch arcing due to Hondas.)

firejackal
01-01-2015, 07:29 PM
I cleaned up the contacts inside the hazard flashers and now they are functioning correctly.

Dimming/brightening headlights I still need to check out, I've been working on the alternator to fix some other problems.

Hyper flash still not fixed.

Figured I'd update this post I made, and my main post.

DennisC
01-02-2015, 12:21 AM
Do you have HID headlights? It's normal for HID headlights to get brighter every second when first turning them on.

firejackal
01-05-2015, 05:19 PM
No HIDs on the car yet. I'm very familiar with HID workings including doing projector retrofits on my previous cars.
This case was alternator/electrical gremlins.