PDA

View Full Version : white smoke

firekirin
07-24-2004, 08:07 PM
hey everyone just need some help in diagnosing the problem i will start off with what i have on the car

91 240 hatch:

sr20det blacktop
Greddy fmic
greddy oil filter relocation kit
walbro 255 fuel pump
spec stage 2 cluth with lightweight flywheel
greddy 3in dp to 3in exhaust
apexi avcr boost controller (not adjust just hooked it up and left it stock)

the problem i m having is that when i m at WOT it makes a poping noise like it is burning extra gas or something and one time it was idling and white smoke starting coming out of the exhaust.... wel just tonight i was at a friend and i gave a guy a ride in the car cause he wanted to feel the power of the sr ( not that it is something special or nothing) well i did that then they wanted me to do a little burnout so i spun the tires just a little and it was fine thne when i parked i let it run for a while and then it started blow white smoke..... so i gave it a little gas it kept blowing... i gave it a couple pushes on the gas pedal and it went away.....

i m not a tech or nothing this is why i built this car is to learn.. i believe that it is my o2 sensor ... i have the timing at 15 and i also have to set my TPS sensor cause i havent had a chance to get a voltmeter and do that .... so saying all of this does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do?

i live in florida, and i bought the engine used so pretty much everything is orginal except i replace the intake, exhaust, turbo and the throttle body gaskets.... let me know if you need more info thx

Aepharoh
06-28-2010, 07:21 PM
hey dood how much is the clutch

spools420a
06-28-2010, 08:05 PM
white smoke is usually an indication that moisture is entering the combustion chamber,If your o2 sensor was faulty it would run in open loop most of the time and run rich,Did you check for error codes?Hopefully its not a headgasket or a cracked cylinder wall =/ it could be the turbo seal,Go to harbor frieght and purchase a cylinder leak down tester.

greenzenki86
06-29-2010, 01:47 AM
yeah id do a compression test, theres quite a few things it could be, headgasket, valve stem seal, but white smoke is usually cas your burning antifreeze, I wouldnt drive it till figured out cas you mau just make it worse, hope that helps a bit.