PDA

View Full Version : Ways you jack up ur lowered car

ghostuss
07-24-2004, 01:18 AM
My car is pretty slammed with bodykits and stuff, It's being a headache everytime I do some work on the car. So guess if anyone here have any good ways to jack up ur lowered car let me know. The easier the better :naughtyd:

Flybert
07-24-2004, 01:21 AM
Roll up on a 2x4s. Get shitty pep boys jack under the tow hook and jack high enough to get your shop jack under the cross member.

ghostuss
07-24-2004, 01:26 AM
this is almost exactly what I do. But it's a lot headache you see. I want something even easier.

Dousan_PG
07-24-2004, 01:36 AM
remove front (or rear) bumper
roll on 2x4s
jack up on front (or rear depending which side) toe hooks
jack up on crossmember/diff.

done.

Brian
07-24-2004, 01:37 AM
well it doesnt get much easier unless you
a. get a lift.
b. raise you car high.

Wei240
07-24-2004, 01:40 AM
yeah, it sucks, but rolling on homemade ramps is probably easiest

idlafie
07-24-2004, 02:31 AM
My car is pretty slammed with bodykits and stuff, It's being a headache everytime I do some work on the car. So guess if anyone here have any good ways to jack up ur lowered car let me know. The easier the better :naughtyd:

Doesn't get any easier than this....they slide underneath your front tires & you can drive right up them ....Protech Low Profile Jack Ramps...

http://www.protechproducts.com/images/tools.asp

They are located in Burbank & you can drive down there & pick them up yourself. They are made out of plastic but can easily withstand the weight of your car. They'll run you $40 buck with tax if you drive down there & pick them up yourself.

I've had mine for over a year & love 'em. I use them every time I have to change my oil. Give me plenty of room to crawl underneath to drain the oil. They also raise my lower S14, (running AGX/RSR setup), sufficiently that I can slide my 2 ton car jack underneath the front end to raise the car by the front crossmember.

If you want, I can take a picture next time I use them & post it.

Let me know...

ID... :tweak: :tweak: :faint:

Dousan_PG
07-24-2004, 02:32 AM
2x4s are cheaper and do the exact same thing....

ghostuss
07-24-2004, 03:04 AM
shoot where is it exactly?

idlafie
07-24-2004, 03:09 AM
Hmm where is it exactly? 40 bucks seems reasonable compare to all the hassle.

http://www.protechproducts.com/images/FAQ.asp

The FAQ page lists the address & phone number...you can also contact via E-mail....

ID

ghostuss
07-24-2004, 03:12 AM
thou south cal. No way I am driving that far. Guess i will just have to start a DIY wood project hahaha. One project after another. Darn...

papershot
07-24-2004, 10:20 AM
I also use 2x4's. I've thought about ramps/low profile jacks, but the boards work.

ledzeppelin240
07-24-2004, 10:51 AM
I use 2x4's as well, it is the cheapest way and it works. So I see no need to spend 40$ on some fancy low profile ramps...

Matt_240
07-24-2004, 11:26 AM
yea if you have kit just remove front bumper. mine is only held up by two screws and one bolt. tow hooks are the next step, then go for diff or that metal part in the front.

basically what dousan said.

AKADriver
07-24-2004, 10:56 PM
I've always jacked up lowered cars by using the stock emergency jack to lift one side. Unless your car is slammed to the point of absurdity, that will work. Hell, if your car is so low you can't get the tire jack underneath it, you've got serious problems when you blow a tire.

I have to do that with my stock suspended coupe, even. I can't get a shop jack far enough under the car in the front with the stock pignose lip.

thelinja
07-24-2004, 11:06 PM
^ that's what I've always done.

My friend at school has a slammed 328is and he has these neat Lego lookin things that connect to each other that he rolls up onto. Not sure where you can find them, I'll ask him.

AAA240SX
07-24-2004, 11:12 PM
There's a company that makes the "Low Down Slope" Ramps. I think Takata. Importfan.com carries them for around $50 a pair.

Kain_Pabyeda
07-24-2004, 11:30 PM
I'll have to look through some of my old truckin mags, but the mini guys used to use what basically boils down to an air bag (air spring) that had solid mounting plates on top and bottom, hook up an air tank and poof your body dropped ride is 7 inches off the ground.

idlafie
07-25-2004, 01:18 AM
There's a company that makes the "Low Down Slope" Ramps. I think Takata. Importfan.com carries them for around $50 a pair.

http://www.importfan.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3642

Link for the Low Down Slope Ramps....the Protech Low Profile ramps perform the same job just at a lower price.

2X4's...low profile ramps...whatever works for you...I prefer the low profile ramps....but that's my opinion...

ID

Shin_Kudo
07-25-2004, 05:42 AM
It may seem obvious to some, but don't forget that most good jacks will allow you to take the round plate off. That trick gave me the clearance I need to get my car up in the air, before my new rims (Which give me more clearance). Additionally, also consider getting a good aluminum racing jack, many are much lower than a normal shop jack and can clear just about anything.

legin2
07-25-2004, 06:39 PM
get out the ol saw and nails and make some ramps or when christmas comes around go around the hood and jack the wood stands off he bottoms of the christmas trees, and nail them together to make some ramps.

adey
07-25-2004, 10:15 PM
I slam on -and consequently lock-up- my brakes while entering a corner, and proceed to understeer into either a) a guard rail or b) a sheer cliff face.

HA. HA. HA.

If none of the above methods work (referring to other posts, not my own,) you can consider buying one of those jacks made specially for lowered cars... they're pricey, but probably worth (most of) it.