PDA

View Full Version : Best gaskets for ka-t install

FaLKoN240
12-19-2014, 07:18 PM
(Also I'm on the hunt for a stock sr20det airbox!)

I'm doing another ka-t in my latest s14.

It's the same set up I did a few years ago but with diff parts.

Anyway I'd like it to be as low maintenance as possible so I'm looking to buy a set of new gaskets.

I'm doing with the powered by max cobra down pipe to eliminate the the elbow to down pipe gasket.

So far I've been recommended the mr. Gasket exhaust manifold gasket.

Let me know what your recommendations are!

essforteen
12-20-2014, 10:28 AM
I would not suggest Mr. Gasket copper crush gasket unless you plan on using ARP exhaust studs. I suggest the multilayer gasket by Cometic.

spooled240
12-20-2014, 11:56 AM
I used the mr gasket copper gasket and it leaked. Id recommend oem gaskets.

EDacIouSX
12-20-2014, 11:34 PM
wait which gasket. im so confused. for sure cosworth gasket for the head.... the rest i dont know. I am happy with the circuit sports gaskets that I bought though i didn't use it on all parts.

FaLKoN240
12-21-2014, 01:48 PM
wait which gasket. im so confused. for sure cosworth gasket for the head.... the rest i dont know. I am happy with the circuit sports gaskets that I bought though i didn't use it on all parts.

I'm looking for recommendations on installation gaskets.

Basically anything coming off the the exhaust manifold and beyond.

240sxfan6882
12-21-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm looking for recommendations on installation gaskets.

Basically anything coming off the the exhaust manifold and beyond.

I've used 2 copper gaskets between the manifold and turbo on 2 different setups (top mount & bottom mount) and never had a single leak due to the quality of the gaskets. All my surfaces get machined flat though.
For the turbo to manifold I use an OEM Nissan gasket which is much thicker and nicer than the ebay and graphite stuff on most websites. I am using a V band to the DP though, but on my old setup I used one from ebay that was single layer SS and held up fine, but again, I always machine everything flat.
For headgasket I used a Cometic before, but after 4 years of not using the car it leaked and I went Felpro and zero issues.

PS. Always check manifold flanges when you get them for straightness. My DOC manifold had some warpage on the turbo flange when I got it. I also got it relief cut too... why not lol

spooled240
12-22-2014, 11:54 AM
+1 on the relief cuts, especially for thick cast iron manifolds. My treadstone manifold cracked between runners 3 and 4, which I'm assuming could have been prevented had there been some relief cuts on the flange that bolts up to the head. We'll see how the second manifold holds up..