PDA

View Full Version : HELP All 4 Brakes Continue to Lock Up

helix73
12-15-2014, 09:45 PM
So in the past 48hrs ive had continues problems with my brakes, they just randomly started to seize up on my way home, so i replace my BMC and thought it helped. But my rear calipers were still sticking, so i replaced them because the piston boot was damaged, but still the problem continues. So i took apart my front calipers and cleaned them and ended up replacing the slider pins on the bracket because they weren't well lubricated and were stuck. But still my brakes continue to stick after about 2 or 3 pumps on the pedal. Im replacing the brake booster tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this problem?!:eek:

Primo's Silvia
12-16-2014, 01:05 AM
This happened to a buddy of mine, i never witnessed it myself but he tried to explain to me that the cause of the problem was in the brake pedal?? He claimed the previous owner shoved a bolt in somewere and it will slightly begin to jam after a couple mins of driving?? So its funny to say but check your brake pedal while your at it lol

helix73
12-17-2014, 11:37 PM
yeah that ended up being my problem. Someone had put a bolt in its place and i guess the back fell off over time. Fixed it with zip ties!

angel mkiv
12-18-2014, 01:09 AM
This happened to a buddy of mine, i never witnessed it myself but he tried to explain to me that the cause of the problem was in the brake pedal?? He claimed the previous owner shoved a bolt in somewere and it will slightly begin to jam after a couple mins of driving?? So its funny to say but check your brake pedal while your at it lol

Holy crap I can't beleive this actually was the problem haha..dam gotta love the online forums

firejackal
12-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Besides this I've seen people use bolts in replace of the plastic inserts that is suppose to hit against the brake and clutch switches. And half of those I've seen didn't put a nut on the other side so the bolt would often jiggle around and get stuck at different angles.