PDA

View Full Version : Dimmer switch/radio wiring issues

PoopCoupe13
12-09-2014, 05:28 PM
I have no clue if this is the right place to post this since I'm new to forums, but if not if someone could direct me in the right direction that would be nice.

I have a 1992 coupe and my cluster doesn't light up, all fuses check out, all bulbs in the cluster are fine, just replaced the TCU with one I know to work, and I still can't get the cluster to light up. Now I do have an aftermarket radio that the previous owner put in, and after I pulled it out the wiring is a nightmare. Now I've done a bit of reading and searching but I can't find anything that fits my situation. I got the car and it didn't have a dimmer switch, the plug is still there, but I am flat broke and can't find anybody that wants to sell me theirs even if I did have money. I read that grounding the red wire with the yellow stripe which is the dimmer wire is supposed to bypass the dimmer switch, but I've got two of those wires, and everywhere I read everyone still has the dimmer switch in place. There are also another two red wires with a blue stripe which I guess are supposed to be the illumination wires, but I'm horrible with wiring and I can't figure anything out.
Any help would be appreciated.

corkscrew
12-09-2014, 07:08 PM
in for answers. this has been a mystery on my car as well for about a year now...

PoopCoupe13
12-09-2014, 07:47 PM
It's just annoying the shit out of me haha. I mostly drive at night and I'm tired of having a bike light ziptied to my column lol

PoopCoupe13
12-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Bumpidy bump

PoopCoupe13
12-10-2014, 08:44 AM
C'mon guys I know someone has to know something about this shit.