PDA

View Full Version : S14 suspension Q?

dreimers
12-04-2014, 10:37 AM
I have a 95 S14 that I am not gonna be drifting or auto crossing with. It is lowered w Tein S-Tech springs and Tokico adjustable struts. I have 18's front and 19's in back. Front and rear strut bars, rear ladder bar and a Stealth custom tension brace. My question is
A, do I just replace all the bushing in the stock pieces or
B, replace all the pieces w adjustable pieces?
I would like to keep some comfort to the ride. I have searched around for answers, just can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

S14DB
12-04-2014, 11:03 AM
What deficiencies do you notice now? Just worn out?
You are able to align the car with the stock arms?

dreimers
12-04-2014, 11:30 AM
I don't know of any deficiencies as of now. I haven't gotten my car aligned since I replaced the springs, struts, subframe, and diff bushes. I would say the oem rubber is worn out, with it being 20years old.

DenkiMan!
12-04-2014, 11:41 AM
alignment is thrown way out of whack when you take the subframe out (at least it was for me when i did that) so you should do that soon. and since it doesn't look like you'll be modifying anything suspension wise i'd say get some energy polyurethane bushings and call it a day. just check to be sure nothing is bent

if you wanted to get some more adjustment later down the road get some eccentric bolts, won't have the adjustment range of aftermarket arms but it'll have more than stock

dreimers
12-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Yeah I know I'm gonna have to get it aligned. I'm sure it's way outta wack.
I don't believe anything is bent, Atleast not visually. I was gonna go w the Energy Suspension bushes. That's what I did for my diff, subframe and front sway bar.

Akop
12-04-2014, 12:36 PM
For all the rear upper arms you're going to want aftermarket arms with rose joints. As far as the FLCA and RLCA swap out the bushings for whitelines. For the subframe I recommend SPL solid bushings. Everyone complains about the ride quality but when i changed mine from stock, I did not notice one change in comfort. Look into circuit sports arms for the rear if you're on a budget. I've had them for 3 years, they are still tight and have no play or rust or anything.

e1_griego
12-04-2014, 12:41 PM
You're not that low and not doing anything with the car.

Go get the car aligned and call it a day. No reason to spend money.

dreimers
12-04-2014, 12:52 PM
I already have the Energy suspension bushes in the diff and subframe.
How are the white lines compared to Energy suspension for bush replacement?
Advantages/disadvantages if any?