PDA

View Full Version : Question about Whiteline subframe spacers...

amolao
07-20-2004, 03:02 PM
What physical changes are noted on your vehicle when using the spacers KCA 349 Whiteline subframe??? I got the pdf instructions that shows the different fittings for them, but my question is: Do they lower your the rear of the car?? how much?? what happens on each individual fitting of the spacers??

thanks

AKADriver
07-20-2004, 11:23 PM
With all settings, the ride height isn't noticeably affected. Vibration in the rear goes up, and the rear suspension works much more precisely. Yep.

The "drag" setting defeats some of the anti-squat geometry of the suspension, while the "drift" setting enhances it. Basically, the "drag" setting increases weight transfer to the rear under power, the "drift" setting reduces it. The "neutral"/"all around" setting has no effect on geometry.

TheSnail
07-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Do you have a mech diff, or gutted interior? Just a question.

CustomS14A
07-20-2004, 11:35 PM
If you want supframe spacers get some Kazama's they have a grope buy right now.

sykikchimp
07-21-2004, 06:31 AM
The whiteline spacers serve a different purpose than spacers like Kazama's.

Dunkee
07-21-2004, 06:47 AM
I just put mine on not too long ago....I don't hear the dif? Doesn't lower the car any. It does make the car much smoother though no more bouncing on hard turns :)

amolao
07-21-2004, 12:22 PM
This is for 240SX 1989,daily driver, I noticed a slight lean on the drivers side some time ago, On this group was a suggestion that the bushings of the subframe were shot, after so many years and the weight of the driver. Also to get the solid spacers to fix this.... :tweak: Which doesnt really make sense, but maybe these flexible ones on the driver side will make my car even all the way around??? thats just me thinking....I know the real answer will be to replace the bushings on the subframe :faint: But I dont really want to go that route....... :wiggle:
Any ideas?

thanks

DRO916
07-21-2004, 01:32 PM
we need someone to do a write up on subframe bushings/spacers, and reviews of different brands....

sykikchimp
07-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Using the Kazama (or similar subframe spacers) will eliminate the slop in your subframe by compressing the bushing into itself. So even if they are shot it doesn't really matter as the collars hold the subframe in place.