PDA

View Full Version : Fuel door/trunk release lever operation

S13 LS1
11-19-2014, 05:02 PM
New S13 Silvia owner. Traded my mkiv tt supra shell for an absolute beast of a car to drive. ls1 t56 spec kaaz drivetrain.

Never owned a nissan before and before i break this release lever next to the drivers seat how exactly does it work and what should i do if things are not working?

For the trunk i see you pull straight up? I do that and the lever goes back to rest and go to lift trunk but nothing.

For the fuel door i push down and the lever goes back to rest then i go around to the fuel door and nothing. Do i need to hold release lever in the position somehow then try to open???

jscherf92
11-19-2014, 05:45 PM
The cable tends to stretch over time, have a buddy pull the lever while you inspect the lock mechanisms for movement. If the cable is stretched your best bet is to just replace it but this involves removing the back seat and some trim panels. I had to do this on mine not too long ago. There is also a level of adjustment on the trunk latch, two 10mm nuts can be loosened and you can slide the latch up and down, but this doesn't have much of an effect on the cable's physical operation.

There are also two rubber stoppers on the trunk opening that are supposed to act like springs and "pop" the hatch up just enough to clear its latch.

Ideally you only have to pull the lever up and it will pop the trunk, no holding or extra step, same for the gas lid, just a little push down and it should click open.

Nathanhasacarr
11-19-2014, 05:52 PM
I had this issue with mine. Cable stretches out. A temporary fix would be to place a rubber piece in between the trunk and the car. I used a thick rubber hose.

You open the trunk and put it on that area where the trunk closes down onto the car. This will wedge into that area and put more upward pressure on the trunk lid/hatch when closed, which should allow the trunk to pop open. It is hard to explain. Let me know if you have any questions.

S13 LS1
11-19-2014, 05:56 PM
Nathan not hard at all to understand, i completely understand that. And JS thanks so much for all the info. I geuss what i was mainly getting at was how far and in what direction are you supposed to move the release lever, but also what to do if its not working and it seems ill find a way to hold the lever and try the door and trunk then. Now i do hear the mechanisms moving in the back of the car when i move the lever so thats a start. Was there a key hole in the trunk? Cause i have a rocket bunny wing on and i have or see no key hole to the trunk.