PDA

View Full Version : Replacing power steering pump

95se
11-17-2014, 02:53 PM
My pwr steering pump is going out so need to replace it. The cheapest prices I have seen are the re-manufactured ones: duralast from autozone and master-pro from oreillys which both have limited lifetime warranties. Both are around $190 with core charge. Which one would you all go with and is it hard to replace the pump yourself with very limited experience.

thanks

robinsone
11-17-2014, 03:40 PM
look at rockauto.com they have great pricing typically, even better than brick and mortar auto parts places, hell even Ebay maybe might be cheaper

95se
11-17-2014, 04:10 PM
I checked them out.. They do have lower prices but not lifetime warranties.

look at rockauto.com they have great pricing typically, even better than brick and mortar auto parts places, hell even Ebay maybe might be cheaper

angel mkiv
11-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Just go with whatever has a good warrenty local and it's a easy fix assuming you have a 240sx.im sure a Google search would tell you how to replace it.i mean just remove the belt, all p/s hoses and then unbolt it from the bracket.oh and transferring the pulley as well

robinsone
11-17-2014, 05:48 PM
I don't think you'll need a lifetime warranty, and this probably won't cover normal wear and tear, they'll cover manufacturer's defects, etc. Spend your money elsewhere as you'll get 200k miles out of a new one no question. You won't own the car long enough to worry that your P/S pump doesn't have a lifetime warranty.