PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Nissan 240sx Se Alternatir wont charge Battery.

That_Zenki
11-06-2014, 06:43 AM
How's it going guys, as the title says I'm having a charging issues. All this started right after I changed my tie rods and lowerd my car a bit more, took it around the block to check alignment and it started to die on me and lights went dim. Mentioning this just because it happened directly after. Now, I jump start the car and it keeps running until I turn the lights on and it starts to die. I've disconnected the negative terminal and it died. So I Figured it was the Alternator, so I got a new one, also checked battery and guess it was bad so bought New one. Still no luck :down: Also changed out the 100amp fuse and its still not charging. I can take negative terminal off now and the car will keep running, so the Alternator is Doing it's job. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Agamemnon
11-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Check your harness and make sure that your tires haven't damaged some wires in the driver side wheel well. There is a signal wire that runs to the gauge cluster that connects to your battery light indicator. If this wire doesn't send a signal to the alt then it wont charge.

That_Zenki
11-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the tip. I'll check that out and post an update later on. Any other suggestions are also appreciated.

richie_55
11-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Is that wire red with blue a stripe

That_Zenki
11-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Wait, which wire??:confused:

Agamemnon
11-14-2014, 08:44 AM
It's the white/red wire that comes off the alt plug. Trace that to the cluster and then trace that green wire from the cluster to ignition. Check to make sure that there is continuity.