PDA

View Full Version : Recommend any books for me?

Masreddragonfly
07-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Can anyone recommend any good books on modifying my 95 240SX. i know for the most part I am getting it done by a pro, but I have no idea where to start or what to get done first. I am a girl who has never done anything preformance wise on my car, only maintenace but I was recently thinking about selling my 240, and when I started to read up articles on modifying the car it seems like fun... I am currently looking for a position at a body shop or a performance car engine builder's place to learn the basics to work on my car...Thanks any advice would be appreciated...Mas

nissantuner22
07-17-2004, 09:55 PM
I went through 4 years of mechanic school, and I can tell you this. If you want to learn how to modify an engine, you first must understand how it works inside and out. Once you know every part, what it does, and how changing them affects everything else, you can move on to the performance aspect. An engine builders book is a good read, it discusses how to take engines apart, put them back together, and some offer pointers on how to hop up the performance during the rebuild, explaining exactly what they are doing. Im sure some people on the forum here have a list of favorite books.

wylin
07-17-2004, 10:58 PM
hyper rev series volumes 19, 49, 68,85 these are japanese langauge books that are focused on one specific model or model line.