PDA

View Full Version : Will '16-'17 be a good year for cars?

what12311
10-23-2014, 08:21 AM
There are rumoured revival of multiple sports cars names (Supra, RX-7, Etc.) If so that is gonna be awesome. I might have enough saved up to buy myself somthing sweet:2f2f:

collegekid
10-23-2014, 08:31 AM
Any year could be good for cars, it all depends on what interests you. This year I couldnt find anything interesting that pulled my heart in so I just bought a used subaru.

Saving money is a good thing no matter what year it is and how old you are.

I'm waiting for the Idx to come out.

what12311
10-23-2014, 08:35 AM
I'm enlisting and I plan on having enough cash to put for a down payment

simmode1
10-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Will '16-'17 be a good year for cars?>Who the fuck knows. Car manufacturers are being cock teases right now (except for the Miata). We already have an 8 year long ongoing converation about this. You're late. http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=127041I'm waiting for the Idx to come out.Sorry to tell you, but the IDX is dead now. Nissan is pursuing combining its core elements into the next gen Z.

g35gabby
10-23-2014, 10:00 AM
2017 is the rival of the RX7 FD3s.... the 1992s will be fed legal for importation.

Lots of cool imports will be legal by the then. Soarers, Chasers, Pulsar GTI-R, AZ-1s, and more.

As for new cars, I don't much care for new cars anymore. Too much emissions, electronic BS, and Computers that make the car difficult to make any more power.

!Zar!
10-23-2014, 10:04 AM
A new supra or rx7 sounds either gutless or expensive.

simmode1
10-23-2014, 10:13 AM
2017 is the rival of the RX7 FD3s.... the 1992s will be fed legal for importation.

Lots of cool imports will be legal by the then. Soarers, Chasers, Pulsar GTI-R, AZ-1s, and more.

As for new cars, I don't much care for new cars anymore. Too much emissions, electronic BS, and Computers that make the car difficult to make any more power.

That's what I'm talking about. I'm waiting for the JZZ30 Soarers & Evo4/5/6...

what12311
10-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Just looking foreward to it is all I am saying

S14DB
10-23-2014, 01:27 PM
A new supra or rx7 sounds either gutless or expensive.
or both...

AFSil80
10-23-2014, 01:32 PM
My face when I read the thread title:
http://frothygirlz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/unamused.jpg

what12311
10-23-2014, 06:57 PM
What is wrong with my title?

BOROSUN
10-24-2014, 01:12 AM
all plans will be scrapped. instead they will invest on autonomous cars!
hahaha

simmode1
10-24-2014, 07:55 AM
What is wrong with my title?
Its redundant since we've already got a thread discussing this topic in exhaustive detail. Feel free to chime in on that one, which I posted earlier. I'm surprised this thread isn't locked already.

Matej
10-24-2014, 11:13 AM
2016-2017 will suck for cars. People will be too busy scavenging for food in the nuclear wasteland and fighting radioactive mutants. I am pretty sure Nissan will only make the Altima.

ZenkiKid
10-24-2014, 12:21 PM

*** In all states except California and Hawaii.****

what12311
10-24-2014, 12:30 PM

Only problem is they won't be able to be used as DD's
:-/

fyneyoungstunna
11-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Evo4 is what i am waiting for!!
Maybe a Copen or az1...but ill never fit

If ford doesnt fuck up the awd focus it will.be a subbi killer. Maybe...and i mean..maybe an evo killer.

Nissan and toyota at this point should just combine forces and just make the ultimate comfy turn your brain off do everything for you car. Cause nissan is DOA right now.

g35gabby
11-05-2014, 08:09 AM
*** In all states except California and Hawaii.****

In cali it seems the popular choice is to register in them AZ, though you could go through the process of getting them to conform to cali standards... I wish my USDM 2014 didn't have to meet cali's standards either, but I made the choice not to live there.

Only problem is they won't be able to be used as DD's
:-/

Why would they not? lots of the guys bringing in 89s right now are using them as DD's. Less you survive on drive through food or something and can't be bothered to get out the car.....

Mine is insured as a classic and thus is cheaper, but other than my insurance caring if I DD mine, I could be driving mine to work today. It is registered as a standards street car.

what12311
11-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Why would they not? lots of the guys bringing in 89s right now are using them as DD's. Less you survive on drive through food or something and can't be bothered to get out the car.....

Mine is insured as a classic and thus is cheaper, but other than my insurance caring if I DD mine, I could be driving mine to work today. It is registered as a standards street car.
I thought at 25 years they would be wore out and be high milage

g35gabby
11-05-2014, 08:31 AM
I thought at 25 years they would be wore out and be high milage

I bought a "high mileage" one based on what a lot of others buy, it has 72k miles on the clock. Some of the cars are coming in with 30-40k miles on them.

Sure some things need to be fixed, repaired, replaced, but when a 150k miles is still considered "low miles" these days on a 240, the perspective what high mileage is really changes. simply put in Japan these just isn't a lot of long distance traveling and the taxes to keep "high mileage" cars on the road is significant so most everything is low on miles.

what12311
11-05-2014, 08:57 AM
I thought the JDM's were coming in with a lot more miles the that

g35gabby
11-05-2014, 09:01 AM
I thought the JDM's were coming in with a lot more miles the that

Kilometers.... not miles. different units of measure.

simmode1
11-05-2014, 09:44 AM
That kinda puts SR's in a different light to me as well. Everyone knows all the nice low mileage are long gone. But a high mileage one is probably still only like 70k miles or so. Seeing how many turbo MR2's, Z31/Z32's, GSX Eclipse's & whatever are still on the road near 200,000 miles, a 70k mile SR might not be that bad...

what12311
11-05-2014, 09:56 AM
30*000 kilometers = 18*641.1358 miles

ZenkiKid
11-05-2014, 10:12 AM
In cali it seems the popular choice is to register in them AZ, though you could go through the process of getting them to conform to cali standards... I wish my USDM 2014 didn't have to meet cali's standards either, but I made the choice not to live there.

Do you follow Elvin Wes on facebook? The guy kicks a ton of knowledge regarding importation.

Him and his company would be making a ton more money if both CA and HI laws werent so strict.

g35gabby
11-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Do you follow Elvin Wes on facebook? The guy kicks a ton of knowledge regarding importation.

Him and his company would be making a ton more money if both CA and HI laws werent so strict.

I do follow elvin, Sean, and several other companies. I would never do business with IVI..

g35gabby
11-05-2014, 11:06 AM
That kinda puts SR's in a different light to me as well. Everyone knows all the nice low mileage are long gone. But a high mileage one is probably still only like 70k miles or so. Seeing how many turbo MR2's, Z31/Z32's, GSX Eclipse's & whatever are still on the road near 200,000 miles, a 70k mile SR might not be that bad...

It is perspective thing really, knowing how many low mile ones are around is actually harder to say than you might think. most of the SR's that came state side are Junk yard heaps or Junk yard heaps that made it here via Canada. Knowing mileage on any of those is a complete crap shoot, the only ones that were really decent as far as being sure on mileage is the 1/2 cuts (also junk yard or should have been in junk yard rust buckets).

The things that come over as Roll on roll off running cars are USUALLY better maintained and well kept by the the Japanese owners. Rivsu brought in a 86 Soarer with 36k miles on it. The car was brand freaking new.... They have had some mid 40-50k mile GTRs come in recently as well and they look every bit the part. Sure you are going to pay a premium over the Rust buckets that need work, BUT it is totally worth the investment.

Honestly, I thought the same about low mile and well kept cars. I was wrong and given everything that I have seen imported recently if the importer is buying from the right regions (see avoid rust belt) then Clean, low mile, and rust free is more the standard, not the exception.

what12311
11-05-2014, 11:18 AM
It is perspective thing really, knowing how many low mile ones are around is actually harder to say than you might think. most of the SR's that came state side are Junk yard heaps or Junk yard heaps that made it here via Canada. Knowing mileage on any of those is a complete crap shoot, the only ones that were really decent as far as being sure on mileage is the 1/2 cuts (also junk yard or should have been in junk yard rust buckets).

The things that come over as Roll on roll off running cars are USUALLY better maintained and well kept by the the Japanese owners. Rivsu brought in a 86 Soarer with 36k miles on it. The car was brand freaking new.... They have had some mid 40-50k mile GTRs come in recently as well and they look every bit the part. Sure you are going to pay a premium over the Rust buckets that need work, BUT it is totally worth the investment.

Honestly, I thought the same about low mile and well kept cars. I was wrong and given everything that I have seen imported recently if the importer is buying from the right regions (see avoid rust belt) then Clean, low mile, and rust free is more the standard, not the exception.

Thank you for that, I will keep these things in mind if I decide to buy a JDM car