PDA

View Full Version : question on setup of tein he's

Team Rootbeer
07-15-2004, 06:26 PM
hey i have a 90 model fastback and i just got my HEs in and i am installing them tommorow is there anything i should know? what about setup and knowing what is best for drifting? any help would be appriciated...thanks guys

orion::S14
07-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Just put them on, lower to desired height, and set the dampening PROPERLY.

You turn it ALL THE WAY to the right (full clockwise, that's the stiffest setting) and you can then go 16 clicks softer...but no more, or you'll screw them up. Common misconception is to turn them full counter-clockwise and go from there...not good.

Preload on the springs should be minimal...just move the lower collar to the bottom of the psring so that it's not loose, and lock it there. All the height adjustment should be from moving the lower mount.

- Brian

Maeda
07-16-2004, 12:03 AM
He said he wants the best setup for drifting. If you go say about 30 clicks counter clockwise and then attempt to jump some low speed bumps or curbs to set the dampers in their place, you'll have a premium drifter setting.

Dousan_PG
07-16-2004, 12:09 AM
lift toilet lid
install head
flush
repeat as necessary

or read the directions on www.tein.com
that works too!
drifting setup? depends on rest of car. and of course, the driver

Brian
07-16-2004, 12:17 AM
hahahahahahhah
i love it

Team Rootbeer
07-16-2004, 04:11 PM
alright i got em in and set them up w/out any problems but i went to take it to get it aligned and they tell me that i have bent tie rods and i need new axle boots and all together about 700 bucks worth of damage.....but im gonna do it my self so could someone show me a picture of the stock suspension as a reference to go by and give me some pointers as to what parts to by aftermarket wise..

theronin
07-16-2004, 05:26 PM
as for tie rods i would suggest the tien ones. as for the axle boots.... are they talkin about the ones that cover the outter tie rod to the steering rack? cause in my opinion 700 bucks is highway robbery. but if you are a hardcore drifta you shouldnt be runnin stock tie rods and axle boots anyway!!!

www.yourethemannowdog.com

Var
07-16-2004, 05:31 PM
new tie rods ends come sealed ..the boot is what goes over the inner right by the rack. those are fairly cheap and easy to put on. dont re-use those stupid metal twisty clip thingy..use zipties to secure the new boots. Altogether you're looking at 175 bucks for Tein Tie rods and ends with new boots. Have fun.