PDA

View Full Version : s13 coupe homemade rear deck

mycologic
10-15-2014, 03:03 PM
my rear deck crumbled apart during a speaker install. decided to make one and get some fresh black carpet to put on it. the edges aren't perfectly smooth but the vents and speakers fit perfect. i test fit onto the car tonight. anyone in the north houston area, ill have a few more made in the next week or two.

s14kkouki
10-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Cant advertise here without being a sponsor man.

mycologic
10-15-2014, 03:24 PM
well then dont mind me. besides, it was more of showing what i made, and notifying that i was making more, and that materials cost money. but i edited it, just for you. i love you. and also, it says nowhere in the rules i have to be a sponsor, the only rule for having items for sale is being a member of zilvia for 30 days, and what a coincidence, today is my 30 day mark. crazy, huh

AS240
10-15-2014, 05:40 PM
No need to be a dick about it.

mycologic
10-15-2014, 05:44 PM
i wasnt trying. my bad if it looks that way

s14kkouki
10-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Was just trying to help you before you get pinked. You're basically advertising a product that you're making to sell in qtys. Read the rules again. Have a good day.

coupesallday!
10-15-2014, 07:03 PM
He only said he was gonna make a few more, unless he's trying to keep selling them then I can see why he would need a vendor account.

Broadfield
10-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Yeah, admins take this sponsor thing pretty seriously. For a good reason though. If you are making more than one of the same thing, then you are obviously making them to sell them. My business is VERY niche and therefore started off very slow. I was only making like two clusters per year and some other small things here and there. I could of said the same thing... "I'm only making a few!".

I pay $1000/yr to advertise here and now I'm doing a lot more business than I was in the first couple of years. With that being said, Broadfield Customs does not make me near enough to be my only source of income. I still have a day job that pays the bills. With any luck it will keep growing and I can make this my living.

So here's what you do. Make a ton of these things and wrap them in various materials. Bride material, various carpet colors, camo cloth and whatever else the kids like these days. Pay for one month of the basic advertising fee... I think it's $65. Advertise your rear deck panels and see how it goes. Your ad will be posted right on the front page. Make sure you have a good image of your product as the first thing in your thread... that way the image will show up on the front page thread. I would suggest an image of several decks laid out in slightly overlapping fashion. Make sure they are laid out on something all white(like a sheet or something). The image needs to be only the product and white background. Then in the thread you can have more images of each individual deck you offer in the various materials... with the appropriate price for each. Worst case scenario you are out $65. However, I bet you sell at least a couple of them in that month. But you will need to take a little more time and make sure all of your cuts etc are spot on. Make sure any material with a pattern is laid perfectly straight and true. I bet you could sell the ones with Bride material for $100 shipped. Then all the customer needs to do is transfer over their grills and other hardware to the new rear deck when they receive it. If things work out, you can start taking orders for specific material that the customer requests.

Here's mine with Bride material:

http://images57.fotki.com/v256/photos/4/47612/3915226/DualS13Feature_18-vi.jpg