PDA

View Full Version : Damper control add-on?

2plus4plus0eq6
10-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Anyone know if its possible to add on electronic damping control to coilovers that already exist on a vehicle?

Here is a link to the suspension that the Nissan R35 uses.
http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/electronic-suspension-systems/bilstein-damptronic/

I would love to have something like this in my car.

I currently have megan racing coilovers (steet version) installed in my car. I love them for performance, but for daily driving, I still find them too stiff. Any way to switch out the springs to softer ones?

Thanks

Primo's Silvia
10-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Tien sells the modules for thier high end coils, and yes u can change your springs,mesure the springs with and hieght and the coils thickness look up a co. Called "swift" they will have wat you need.

e1_griego
10-04-2014, 09:37 PM
Buy real shocks and the ride quality will improve greatly.

Real shocks = shocks from companies that do R&D i.e. koni, bilstein, etc.

2plus4plus0eq6
10-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Buy real shocks and the ride quality will improve greatly.

Real shocks = shocks from companies that do R&D i.e. koni, bilstein, etc.
Huh? I don't think the quality of my coilovers are bad. I think the stiffness of the spring I have is too much for my comfort at the moment. Plus the ease of adding electronic control to something I already have installed would be cheaper.

Brand name doesn't mean shit to me and I'm not going to pay some stupid price for something that can be accomplished with cheaper products.

Obviously no one can 'test try' things like coilovers before buying them. Just trial and error

2plus4plus0eq6
10-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Tien sells the modules for thier high end coils, and yes u can change your springs,mesure the springs with and hieght and the coils thickness look up a co. Called "swift" they will have wat you need.
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

e1_griego
10-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Uh, wut.

Koni and bilstein are totally just fanboi brands. Same with ohlin, jrz, penske, AST, moton, MCS, etc.

Megan 4 lyfe.