PDA

View Full Version : Stripped oil feed ! Help, sr20det

SenorChavezz
09-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Okay while removing my lower banjo bolt I noticed that a majority of the threads were damaged. Now I want to use a helicoil but I'm not sure what size of a helicoil do it have to get. I know the bolt size is M12 x 1.25. So do I get a m12 x 1.25 helicoil or do I have to get one a little bit bigger ?? Please help me out. Thank you.

angel mkiv
09-09-2014, 10:45 PM
You get that exact size kit. In the kit it will come with a oversized drill bit and heliocoil to fit the thread pitch you got.

angel mkiv
09-09-2014, 10:50 PM
So yes you get a m12x1.25 kit.it explains it on that back with directions.just be carefull drilling since you don't want metal shavings falling inside the block.i had the same issue and actuall got a bolt that threaded in(m15x1.25) and tightened it as best as I can.then jb welded around it.then got the greddy oil block adapter..installed that and extended my turbo line to that since it has oil taps in it.obviously you need braided lines for that though.

ultimateirving
09-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Dip your drill bit in some thick grease while you drill. All the metal shavings should get caught.

alwyzDTF
09-10-2014, 10:16 AM
You get that exact size kit. In the kit it will come with a oversized drill bit and heliocoil to fit the thread pitch you got.

I stripped my m6x1 thread inside of my 2j oil pan and picked up an m6x1 helicoil kit and the tap was an m6x1, not an over sized one so it wouldnt fix the threads. I had to get an m8x1 kit to open up the hole enough for new threads to fix the stripped m6x1 hole. Just throwing that out there so make sure to check what size everything is because my kit came with the wrong shit.