PDA

View Full Version : z33/cd009 Input/Output Shaft

ATLspeed
09-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Edit: **Yes this perfectly normal**

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

s13 2jzgte/cd009 trans/Maverick Motorsport Adapter kit

When spinning the input shaft (that the clutch splines go onto) should the output shaft spin at all if in neutral? If rear is in the air the wheels will spin (clutch pedal pressed/depressed) unless I use the handbrake. It's a slow spin that can be stopped by hand.

----------------------------------------------------

I had dumped the clutch in 1st and along with that came a vibration from the clutch/trans area that was rpm based like it was out of balance. The higher I reved the the more the vibration was felt. So I figured maybe the clutch finally took a dump since it was stock and was slipping (used the stock clutch for testing mock up purposes). Pulled the trans and the clutch was burnt/glazed. I started the motor w/o the clutch/trans and it runs smoothly.

I don't want to take the trans apart for no reason is why I'm asking, which I may end up doing/

BiG MiKE86
09-04-2014, 09:11 AM
My wheels spin with the tires in the air when in neutral (R154 Trans) its normal from what I hear

ATLspeed
09-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Cool. I tried to double check with my r154 but remembered it was blown and couldn't justify its credibility.