PDA

View Full Version : RB25 300zx 5speed problem

Willie fisterbottom
08-09-2014, 12:52 AM
Seems as though I have a problem with the internal rail in my 300zx turbo trans behind my RB. I can't get 2, 4, or Reverse...... Anyone ever had this problem?

Memberofthe600hpkaclub
08-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Is your shifter hitting the gate under the shifter plate? Seen it a few times with aftermarket short shifters

Edit: just realized it's a z trans tail shaft....get somebody to shift while your under the car and look to see if the linkage is binding on your shifter bracket

Willie fisterbottom
08-09-2014, 10:29 AM
It has an internal rail system..... i pulled the shifter and housing out that all is fine the "cup" that the sifter sits in looks fine..... Just can't push the rail forward.

Willie fisterbottom
08-11-2014, 07:31 PM
No one has any additional input?

Memberofthe600hpkaclub
08-11-2014, 07:56 PM
If it's sitting on the ground pull the bellhousing off and make sure nothing is off....did you put that (metal ball bearing thing)?? Back In when you swapped bellhousings?

Willie fisterbottom
08-12-2014, 05:06 PM
The car has been swapped for years..... i bought it from a buddy about 3 months ago. I'll be pulling the trans tonight.

Willie fisterbottom
08-12-2014, 09:37 PM
The problem was where the shift fork comes through the front section of the trans (bell housing) there is a thick metal washer that is a shift shaft stop and it is held on by a snapring, well the snapring came off and the thick metal washer was between the case and the shift shaft. Since it was easy to remove the trans and pull the front cover in the bell housing I'm going to reinstall the snapring and give it another shot if it pops off again I'll have to tack it.