PDA

View Full Version : Should I pick up this 300zx?

CaleSamson
08-05-2014, 07:48 PM
So I live in Canada and recently found a 84 300zx for sale down the street from me. The guy says it's got some electrical issues because it cuts out at 3/4 throttle. It was unlocked when I checked it out so I looked under the good and saw some hoses disconnected and there was no coolant in the reservoir. I asked the guy later on the phone why it was like that and he said he drained it for storage ? I am new to this car scene but I'm interested in getting into it. The car is in pretty good shape for a car in Canada and has little rust. It has very low Kms (89000). I think I could get this thing for 500$. Is this car worth getting into ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustys14
08-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Electrical issues can be a pain to track down so that alone would make me want to stay away. At least at $500 the cost of entry is fairly low so you can cut your losses and run without losing much if things don't work out.

Honestly you would be better off jumping into the car scene with a newer more established chassis. My advise would be to start out with something like a civic and go from there or if your set on rwd get a s13 or s14. Using an established chassis with high parts availability would be the best way to get your feet wet. A chassis like the z31 has limited support and will require a good amount of custom work that most people can't handle straight out of the gate. Just my :2c:

CaleSamson
08-06-2014, 05:46 AM
Electrical issues can be a pain to track down so that alone would make me want to stay away. At least at $500 the cost of entry is fairly low so you can cut your losses and run without losing much if things don't work out.

Honestly you would be better off jumping into the car scene with a newer more established chassis. My advise would be to start out with something like a civic and go from there or if your set on rwd get a s13 or s14. Using an established chassis with high parts availability would be the best way to get your feet wet. A chassis like the z31 has limited support and will require a good amount of custom work that most people can't handle straight out of the gate. Just my :2c:

Alright ill take this into consideration. I have looked for parts and there aren't alot out there. Thanks!

Mr.slipngrip
08-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Don't do it, I originally started with a z31 also ended up owning quite a few of them, all rust buckets except my shiro(#719) :) very little to no aftermarket plus there heavy cows that squat like a mothafuckers. But there still beautiful cars just get a s13 hatch almost the same thing lol.

CaleSamson
08-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Don't do it, I originally started with a z31 also ended up owning quite a few of them, all rust buckets except my shiro(#719) :) very little to no aftermarket plus there heavy cows that squat like a mothafuckers. But there still beautiful cars just get a s13 hatch almost the same thing lol.

Yea I really do want a 240sx to be honest this was just close to me and cheap. Most 240s are a 4+ hour drive from me. Maybe ill save some money and get a car that's already mildly built seems like I'd be better off in the long run going this route