PDA

View Full Version : S13 Cluster Problem - Wiring?

sentradude
07-29-2014, 12:53 AM
Hey all, Ive got a lil problem and TBH I am getting kind of tired of messing with this since its 120 degrees here in AZ and im tired after work to keep pulling this damn thing out of the car!

I purchased a wiring harness from a member on this forum and plugged it into my DOHC cluster. The problem is something is wrong and I dont know what it is - the hand brake light and seatbelt is switched. When the hand brake light is pulled up the seatbelt light comes on. Also, when the lights are off cruise control light is on.. When I turn on the lights, the cruise control light comes OFF.... I searched but im just tired.. DO I have the wrong cluster harness?? If so, what cluster harness do I have?? Seller swears that its the correct one, maybe it is .... IDK!!!:bash:

sentradude
08-04-2014, 10:11 PM
No one ever had this problem? Do i have the wrong DOHC harness? It plugs in no problem... though there are leads on the cluster that do not have wires in the plug for them..

zooopreme
08-04-2014, 10:23 PM
That's definitely weird. Check your grounds. Have you checked the harness that leads up to the sub harness (eventually leading up to the cluster)? Are you also sure you didn't force the plugs in?

If you've ruled those out and if you're interested, I've got a gauge DOHC cluster housing that came off my car and a sub harness as well. Just swap your gauges in and bulbs and you should be straight. Check out the link on the sig and PM me if you're interested.