PDA

View Full Version : SR Fuel Pump/Relay ECU Wiring Problems

jscherf92
07-25-2014, 11:00 PM
So I was driving around perfectly fine this past week, and this morning I get up for work and the car wont start. Didn't hear the fuel pump so I checked fuses, swapped relays, nothing. Came home from work and bypassed the relay to make sure the pump and wiring was still good, it worked fine. Now i've got the ECU open and found a burnt strip coming from the Ignition Switch pin, and D119 diode looks toast. ECU wasn't transmitting to consult, the diagnostic LED wasn't working so I'm now assuming the ecu is toast.

I'm gonna take out my engine bay wiring, engine and transmission harnesses and go over every single wire, unpin the unnecessary plugs and make sure everything is soldered and shrink wrapped properly.

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts that might give me some insight into what might have happened? Im scratching my head between a short in the wiring, some mistake I made while troubleshooting, a faulty fuse or relay, I really dont know for sure. Any help is appreciated, thanks.