PDA

View Full Version : 1994 stock KA problems.

puckett99
06-25-2014, 10:32 PM
i have a 1994 240sx with a stock KA, it runs fine when cold, after it warms up it has a rough idle, followed by stalling when coming to a stop (i have to keep it reved up to stay running) it runs rich with a lot of white smoke from tail pipe. the #3 cylinder is wet when i check it. (i have just cleaned the mass air flow sensor, put a new catalytic converter, disputer, plugs (gaped to .044), and wires on it.) i have also just filled up and put royal purple injector cleaner in it. (that sh*t is expensive compared to others) if anyone can help me thanks in advance.

NismoDriverS13
06-25-2014, 10:44 PM
clean or replace your maf, check your injectors, maybe vacuum lines, idle and/or timing maybe. white smoke usually means head gasket going out tho...

blackrms13
06-25-2014, 11:16 PM
um...all 94 240sx are convertibles...

l adam l
06-26-2014, 03:54 AM
White smoke usually is coolant? ...blue fuel and black oil right? So...wouldn't this point to possible blown hg?

puckett99
06-26-2014, 08:04 AM
thanks for the quick replies, but one thing is only one of my spark plugs is wet wouldn't that be not sparking. witch wound make it smoke, or could it be getting to much gas thought one injector causing it to flood. because if you crank it right after you drive it while it is still warm it takes a while to start up. i have also cleaned the MAF and nothing happend could the throttle body need clean.

SHIFTrl240
06-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Was the plug wet with fuel, or wet with coolant? It's hard to tell, but you should probably do a compression test to mostly rule out HG. Perform the test after it is warmed.

It could be an injector, or injector o-rings as well, try switching two of your injectors and see if the wet plug moves. Inspect the o-rings and replace them if they are torn at all. Use vaseline to get them to pop back into the rail easily. Also, its much easier to remove the injectors if you just pull off the whole rail, imo.

puckett99
06-26-2014, 02:44 PM
update= OK so i drove the car around today and then checked the spark plugs the #3 one was not as wet this time but looked like it had some carbon on it. i also removed the #3 wire while running and it did not change the idle like pulling the other wires did. it still smokes like a freight train but it did not stall on me this time. it also gets HORRIBLE GAS MILLAGE. went through almost 1/4 tank of gas in 10 miles.