PDA

View Full Version : Advertisements

quickdiversion
06-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Is it just me or do peoples zilvia pages randomly start play audio commercials that are completely embedded and you can't even see them?

anti tyler
06-25-2014, 04:02 PM
I would have posted this in the "off topic" section over the "tech talk"

But I do believe there are audio ads. I'm not 100% sure because premium members don't have ads. Consider donating the $10 and you wont have ads yourself.

quickdiversion
06-25-2014, 04:05 PM
I have been in tech talk all day cause I'm being a bum....

I didn't even notice I posted it here, my bad.

Its weird though cause a little speaker thing will pop up on the google tab on the window that is playing the sound.

Can Mods please move this thread, I apologize.

silnv
06-25-2014, 04:26 PM
I still get the audio ads and I have a premium account. I still get sent to random pages too.

TerribleTopher
06-25-2014, 04:47 PM
It's not the page. It's the "ad ons" on your web browser. Go to options in your browser and click ad ons and disable or remove them.

quickdiversion
06-25-2014, 04:54 PM
I have chrome. I just took a quick look through the setting, I saw no add ons, and in the privacy page I saw no ad ons either, even went through the disable individual exceptions. No good.

TerribleTopher
06-25-2014, 04:59 PM
That's odd. I don't know what to tell you then. I use chrome and firefox and every time those adds show up it's some ad on.

quickdiversion
06-25-2014, 04:59 PM
can you tell me exactly where, like I am stupid please ;)
lol

anti tyler
06-25-2014, 05:00 PM
I still get the audio ads and I have a premium account. I still get sent to random pages too.

Sounds like your browser to me also.

You probably have a hidden ad bar somewhere that got download on accident. lol. sucks to be you.

I have chrome. I just took a quick look through the setting, I saw no add ons, and in the privacy page I saw no ad ons either, even went through the disable individual exceptions. No good.

I've used firefox for a long time now and never have had ads or popups.

It's good to customize your browsers to your liking.

quickdiversion
06-25-2014, 05:02 PM
Sounds like your browser to me also.

You probably have a hidden ad bar somewhere that got download on accident. lol. sucks to be you.

I've used firefox for a long time now and never have had ads or popups.

It's good to customize your browsers to your liking.

Only thing I see like ad ons is plug ins. and its not in there

I also have nothing extra in my chrome task manager

TerribleTopher
06-25-2014, 05:06 PM
I think there is a tab that says apps or ad ons or something. Not by the computer right now so I can't give you detailed instructions. Google should give you instructions on how to get there.

quickdiversion
06-25-2014, 05:07 PM
I'll keep looking thanks

according to google, their add ons are called extensions, I only have 2 google docs and skype.
So it does't seem to be that

I also have no odd plug-ins

TerribleTopher
06-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Plug ins might be it

dorkidori_s13
06-25-2014, 05:30 PM
this situation has been noted already and is being worked on.