PDA

View Full Version : SR w/ Hicas PS pump to DOHC PS lines??

sr240mike
06-29-2004, 07:33 PM
I bought a 89 240sx with an SR under the hood that didnt have the lines. I bought some DOHC lines since mine used to be SOHC. On the pump there was this extra fitting which I couldnt figure out what the hell it went to. After searching I found that the engine is from a HICAS equipped car. Does anyone know if I can block this off somehow or do I have to use a different PS pump? Can I use one from a KA or does it have to be an SR?

mbmbmb23
06-29-2004, 08:09 PM
I think if you blocked it off it would be putting out too much pressure in the lines. I would get one from a DOHC junkyard car.

-m

memphiss13
06-29-2004, 10:26 PM
find a plug that fits that hole on the PS pump. then take the PS pump apart and take out the little metal squares that are in the middle piece. it sounds weird now, but you will know when you see it. that way pressure won't build on the HICAS side. then just put it all back together and it should work well. i did it to my friend's car.

sr240mike
06-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks, I open it up and see

Coolwhip
07-01-2004, 11:34 AM
take off the rear part of the pump housing and remove the fins that would be producing the pressure for the rear lines, then put the housing back together and get a bolt that would block or seal off the opening. That will solve the high pressure going to the one line.