PDA

View Full Version : Ka24de Idle issues *solved*

Scratchoz
06-08-2014, 01:37 PM
EDIT 2: Alright guys I figured it out. It was a vacuum leak.

Alright guys, I've done a bit of searching but can't figure out exactly what's going on so..I'm here.

I bought a running full swap from a friend that pulled it out and put a SR in, it ran perfectly fine in his car and the usual. So I dropped the engine in got it all set up and when I crank it up it will be fine for a second and then drop to 500 and sustain for a short period before finally dying.

When I unplug the MAF it idles strong at 1k, but obviously puts the ECU in limp mode so I have a rev limit enacted. When the MAF is plugged in it seems like it is flooding fuel in and it will backfire when I give it throttle, and of course smoke. No smoke or backfires when MAF is unplugged.

Another thing I noticed when messing around with it was that I can get it to sustain idle with the MAF plugged in if I turn on my blower motor and heat. It will still smoke a tiny bit but a lot better than without and will hold idle.

Upon further inspection I found that my bottom radiator hose is cold leading me to believe my thermostat is stuck closed, I've bled the system numerous times, cracked the bleeder ran the heater at max filled it jacked it up the usual.

So, I'm pretty much at a loss, anyone?

EDIT: I have fully bled the system I finally got the lower radiator hose to fill with coolant and the thermostat now opens. My issue is when I have my blower motor on I have the A/C button pushed...Even though my compressor is not hooked up would this bump my idle up?