PDA

View Full Version : Swapping an S13 or S14 open welded diff into a S14 VLSD pumpkin?

HORShi
06-06-2014, 06:21 AM
Hey everyone, I've been searching and researching in and out trying to find this specific answer to one of my questions on my diff swap. (If there is a thread, I'm sorry that I missed it).

I have a 96' Nissan 240sx SE, with VLSD. I want to know if its possible to take an welded/open diff from an s13 (if possible) or s14 and put it in the VLSD pumpkin without any issues? I saw tons of mentions and notes of different lengths of the output shaft of the diffs, because originally I was thinking of just finding an Open Diff pumpkin, weld the diff and swapping out the VLSD pumpkin with the Open/Welded diff pumpkin, but it would require different output shafts, which therefore it wouldn't work?. I want to run a welded diff to slowly learn how to drift the right way and get to know my engine and how my car responds while drifting. It's a stock KA24DE, that I have rebuilt, and want to get the know the feeling and experience of driving a welded diff before just hopping straight in and turboing the KA24DE. I do plan on dailying/weekend drift this car (which I don't mind) so i'm aware (from other peoples experiences of what to expect) of the consequences that do come with a welded diff. Thanks if someone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.