PDA

View Full Version : RB25det doesn't crank please help!!!

Flushed_S14
06-03-2014, 11:14 PM
So today the car started fine with no issues. While driving on the freeway it just died. Now the car doesn't crack. I installed a new battery and nothing...The lights on my dashboard don't turn on. The ignition fuse is fine. Idk what else it could be. Any ideas?

The motor is mostly stock. Only mods are HKS EVS boost controller, Fuel Regulator, Upgraded Fuel pump.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Flushed_S14
06-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Anyone? Has this happened to any one else?

33jrod33
06-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Ignition relay?
I have a bigger issue, but I'd start there. Make sure your power wires are corroded.
Kill switch?
Make sure the battery is installed the correct way, neg-neg / pos-pos. I know, but I've done that.

RBfolife
06-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Is ur fuel pump priming? Could be a ground issue. Maf? What exactly is it doin?

33jrod33
06-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Lol aren't corroded. We'll let us know.

Darius
06-12-2014, 10:05 AM
It sounds like your ignition switch or IGN relay died. Does anything power up in the car when you turn the key?

If that still doesn't fix it, hit your starter with a long socket extension and a hammer. Repeat until it turns over. I just did this $#!t on the expressway in Chicago during stop and go traffic because my starter decided to act up all of a sudden. I blocked the middle lane for like 15 minutes. I'm still bitter about it since it gave absolutely no warning.

33jrod33
06-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Mine was the starter awhile back FYI. I remember taking the battery, starter, and alternator to auto zone when I had a no start issue. Autozoned passed all the components. Turns out the starter was the problem. Rebuilt it for the f* of it, and it started right up. After I cleaned the fuel off the injectors. Film develops when the car hasn't be ran in awhile.