PDA

View Full Version : S13 SR20DET A/C Condenser Fan Wiring

sentradude
06-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Guys, I looked for a few days now and cant get a handle on it. Is there no way for the SR ECU to control the electric fan Blue relay thats on the S13? My head is going to explode from looking around. There are two A/C pinouts on the ECU but I only have one of those wires actually coming out of the plug, the other one is not there. This is a Redtop SR13 into S13 DOHC swap.

blessedhellrider
06-03-2014, 10:14 PM
thats a good question. what would be the drawback of using a/c on powered relay ? meaning when ac is in ,fan is on.

sentradude
06-03-2014, 10:47 PM
This is exactly what I want it to do.

The question is can I run Both wires (Blue/Green-A/c compressor AND Orange/Blue-Condenser fan) off the 106 OR 41 Pinout (A/C Relay OR A/C on) on the SR20 ECU?

Second step would be to wire the fan to come on on certain temp but from I am reading and if I understand correctly the S13 SR20 does not have this capability?

5280VertDET
06-03-2014, 10:48 PM
There's a thread on nico about wiring the ac button to control Efans, that may help with wiring for you. Can't find it...

I googled harder:
http://forums.nicoclub.com/electric-fan-wiring-t242562.html

sentradude
06-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Ive read that a few times, im reading it again but it still does not say what wire to use on the SR ECU to ground it once the A/C is turned on. Is it ok to use the a/c compressor grounding wire (106 OR 41 on SR EC PINOUT)?

sentradude
06-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Does anyone have any more input on this? This is on my daily car and I pulled the harness out of it so I need to get it back together as soon as possible and temps in AZ are reaching 110 already, thus the need for a/c and the fan to come on...

Can I ground the relay orange/blue wire with either pin 41 or 106 on the SR20 ECU? Also, from what the research I have found that there is no temp control for the fan on the SR20 S13 motor, is this true? Only an aftermarket sending unit/thermostat needs to be installed to make the fan come on at a certain temp? No way to use the stock ECU/controls?

Thank You!!

The High & Mighty
06-04-2014, 12:28 PM
I have a/c on my s13 with FAL fans with a DIF controller and the a/c works just fine without the small a/c fan in the front. Thats my input. Im not sure if your still running the clutch fan or electric fans, but from my experience two FAL fans work well with the condenser. Best of luck to you on your project.

sentradude
06-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Good Morning!
Yes, I still have the clutch fan in place with fan shroud. I have the puller fan mounted in front of the radiator as well. This is the fan I need activated once the A/C is turned on. I thought I had it figured out but now I am not sure. My idea was to connect the orange/blue wire which controls the condenser fan relay to the same wire that controls the A/C relay (pinout 106 on the ECU) . I am just not sure if it would hurt the ECU for one wire (106) to activate both relays?

S13alldayyo
06-17-2014, 09:43 AM
I just made a relay switch to turn on the fan when the ac turns on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afracer
06-29-2017, 09:34 AM
Sorry to revive an old thread, but we just did this last night to my brother's car and to close the loop on this, YES you can use the A/C relay pinout which is a green and yellow wire (pin 106) to also ground out and control the orange/blue condenser fan relay. It's up to you where you want to conduct this at, but we chose right near the battery the F8/E9? plug we just jumped these two wires together at this spot and it works fine. This is for a 91-94 240SX...everything is slightly different on the 89-90s.

sentradude
06-29-2017, 11:58 AM
Sorry to revive an old thread, but we just did this last night to my brother's car and to close the loop on this, YES you can use the A/C relay pinout which is a green and yellow wire (pin 106) to also ground out and control the orange/blue condenser fan relay. It's up to you where you want to conduct this at, but we chose right near the battery the F8/E9? plug we just jumped these two wires together at this spot and it works fine. This is for a 91-94 240SX...everything is slightly different on the 89-90s.

Hey, thanks for the post. Honestly, I havent tackled this yet.. I had a leak somewhere in the lines and sort of gave up on it for the time being while I work on other things . This is helpful and I may give this another shot soon!