PDA

View Full Version : ka24de idle issue and vacuum line delete. Help pls

mightys88
05-31-2014, 08:13 PM
Having issues with my ka24de, will not hold idle. Recently bought a shell to swap my ka in, an i think i might have broke/punctured one of my vacuum lines. I found a vacuum leak somewhere in between my lower n upper TB. Found the leak by spraying choke cleaner all around the vacuum lines and that's were my engine happen to accelerate. Just tryna figure out simplest way to get this fixed.

Might just replace all vacuum line with new ones. Anything else might get done/out of the way now that I have to remove my TB?

Thank you

waxball88
06-01-2014, 11:54 AM
I see you're in canada and I'm unfamiliar with emission tastings there/if any?
Regardless I feel like taking off your intake manifold and either
(You don't have emission testing) deleting all the unnecessary vacuum hoses, egr, etc. plugging the PCV runner ports and having piece of mind there are no leaking lines.
Or option 2 (you have to deal with emissions)
Replacing all vacuum lines under the manifold, changing egr gasket, iacv/aac gaskets (plus cleaning it out)
These options will be most worth while for you. A good length extension (1/4in drive) with swivel head and short 12mm makes the job a breeze.

Or if you wanna be lazy, connect a PVC cap to the intake and connect to a compressor to pressurize the intake manifold with the car off, then hunt down the leaks.