PDA

View Full Version : What system is this line attached to? (Pics)

nissannoob
06-25-2004, 06:01 PM
:wtf:

Okay, I've looked through the FSM and can't find a reference to this line which is directly under the distributor. This is on my 91 240SX (KA24DE) and it's LEAKING. You can see from the picture that there is a moist looking part that is leaking. It steadily leaks on idle, but when you drive it the fluid leaks leaving pool trails. Can anyone help me out and tell me what this line is so I can replace it? I'd order a line but I have no idea what the hell it's even called. Thanks in advance!

-nissannoob

http://www.geocities.com/shadowfcl/leakingline.jpg

Here is the link in case the picture doesn't show -
http://www.geocities.com/shadowfcl/leakingline.jpg

West
06-25-2004, 06:34 PM
The power steering pump is connected to the.... power steering hose... the power steering hose is connected to the... hard lines... the hard lines are connected to the... steering rack...

I should have been a singer. :w00t:

Anyways, I have the same problem on my HICAS model. Leaks like crazy and I don’t feel like fixing it, so it bye bye PS system.

Haven’t you noticed the car need power steering fluid (ATF actually). It will make weird noises when you turn, etc. Best place to go to get it remade is a AC Shop (HVAC), they can make the hose for you, I doubt Nissan even has them anymore. If they still make them then expect to fork over mucho dinero.

TokyoNights
06-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Or get one at a junkyard..

nissannoob
06-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Thanks guys. Someone suggested to me one day to do a "Jesse James" fix and buy some epoxy filler and do a ghetto rig.....although I prefer to fix it entirely as problems don't just go away. Do you think the eopxy would work on a pressurized system as the Power Steering?

-nissannoob

West
06-25-2004, 11:15 PM
It would work for awhile, but why half ass it? If I didnt have a HICAS model and could goto any junkyard and get that hose I would, but its not that easy for me.

240Driver39
06-26-2004, 02:23 AM
It would work for awhile, but why half ass it? If I didnt have a HICAS model and could goto any junkyard and get that hose I would, but its not that easy for me.

i actually know of a hicas 240 in the local junkyard near me...might have that part actually, motor is still there, just missin head parts....u want it? it wouldnt be expensive or anything, just like 10 bux plus whatever to ship. so it is that easy :rawk: lol. if you want it, just hit me up on aim and i can check it out...remember powersteering is your friend.

aim s13driver39