PDA

View Full Version : S13 Blacktop SR20det Tomei Oil PAN Questions

jdmdomo
05-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Just wondering for anybody who has ran this Tomei Oversize pan for Sr20det, what oil pickup was used? Did you use the stock oem pick up?

Curious, Upon removal of my oil pan (didn't install) I noticed that the oil pickup looked like it was slightly pressed up against the bottom of the pan? I am unsure of which pick-up this is, And just curious if i should just order a new oem s13 sr pickup?

Thanks in advance.

jr_ss
05-29-2014, 03:44 AM
Pictures are your friend. Compare what it looks like to photos of the S13 and S14/15 pickups, it's not rocket science.

jdmdomo
05-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Nice, thank you. I think s14 sr pickup would have been an appropriate answer

jr_ss
05-29-2014, 11:07 AM
YOU found your answer right? That was the point...

Not to be a dick, but you could've taken 2secs to look on whatever search engine you want to find this. How are we suppose to help you with the very limited and arbitrary information you supplied? Next time supply us with more information.

S14/15 pickup is an upgrade over the S13 pickup

quickdiversion
06-02-2014, 03:03 PM
I have the tomei oversized oil pan. I personal love it. It had 2 bungs on it that can be used for a sensor our a drain. It gives you a little over 1/2 extra oil, and it is baffled.

The main reason I choose this pan is cause at the time I purchased it, maybe 3 years ago. It was the only oversized oil pan from the stiffer that was not aluminum. So it is in my opinion the most durable aftermarket pan. It is at least twice the gauge of metal that the stock pan is, it also gives you a tad more clearance between the pick up and bottom of the pan.