PDA

View Full Version : S14 240sx weird problems HELP!

kooky
05-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Hey I'm a lurker on the forums so I don't post much.. I usually can fix my own shit but I'm stumped on this.

On the way home yesterday on the highway cruising around 75, my radio just shot off after cutting on and off a couple times. Then my speedometer would shoot down to zero every time I let off the gas. When I pushed my pedal all the way to the floor it would just bog down, I had no power whatsoever but the car would cruise fine at half throttle. Both the rpm and speedo needles were shaky. Finally when I pulled up to a stoplight it idled at 200 and when I tried to put it in first the car died. Had to push it in to a cvs parking lot. Checked my fuel pump, ignition, power, fuesible links, and any other fuse that could have caused this and they all checked out fine. I was able to close my sunroof and one window but both went up verrrryyyy slow. Also my airbag light was flashing at me. When I try to crank there it does not. I don't think the fuel pump is priming either.

HELPPPP :( any input is helpful!

Could this be
Alternator?
Battery?
Both?
My Ecu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PotholeEnthusiast
05-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Is the battery light and Brake light on ? that usually indicates Alt .

kooky
05-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Yes and I just got back to test battery and try as jump the car. Battery is getting 5 volts and runs fine with jumper cables

kooky
05-13-2014, 06:21 PM
I feel like an idiot. It's defiantly the alternator. I'm going to get the battery charged up and see if I can get it home

Thanks for the help man