PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET leaning out under light throttle

GZM180
05-09-2014, 11:55 PM
ok so ive been having some odd problems with my sr20det in my 1991 180sx that i got 2 years ago. well ill start out saying its on its "second" motor in a way. it spun a bearing a year ago so i had the motor fully built and did a few more mods to it. out of the blue it always keeps shows an error ( 05FF ) on its yashio factory gauge thats connected to the consult port. but when i check for codes it give me 55 witch i get mixed info on what it is. some say 55 is "no codes" and others say its "other malfunction, Consult required" but anyways. I've been having problems with the car leaning out (AFR's drop down to 18 - 22 on the wideband) and it start bucking under light throttle. it only does it after its warm or after short boost pulls. now heres the thing. i changed my O2 sensor not even a week ago and it didn't help but if i unplug it all together the car runs fine. its really odd to say the least if anyone has any ideas or some words of advice that would be great

OnTheChip
05-10-2014, 10:09 AM
When you change the O2 sensor you should disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the long term fuel trim in the ECU. Also, 55 means "no codes are set".

GZM180
05-10-2014, 04:57 PM
ok ill try that, i forgot to mention my car cam from japan with a mines ECU in it.