PDA

View Full Version : SR20det turbo coolant return

ukrainekid
04-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Hey guys,

I am running a redtop Sr20det with an s14 water neck and s14 turbo lines. I have all that squared way EXCEPT for the old turbo coolant return line. I have seen many different option in regards to how to eliminate the old line running behind the head. Being that my engine is in the car and there is next to no space.... I really couldn't find anything about blocking it off so...

-Can I just block off the old return at the end??

-Or will this cause a build up of pressure and blow the line??

Thanks!!!

TheRealSy90
04-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Honestly, i put a bolt in the rubber line with a hose clamp 2 years ago and it's been fine since.

ukrainekid
04-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Honestly, i put a bolt in the rubber line with a hose clamp 2 years ago and it's been fine since.

Awesome :) I was thinking of finding a smooth piece of steal just so that the clamp doesn't dig the hose into a bolts thread but if it worked for you then i should be fine

thanks for your help

sil14zenki
04-24-2014, 06:44 PM
or you can just weld it shut :)

Def
04-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Bolt in the line with a bunch of rtv on the threads works just fine. I found a thick rubber vacuum cap that I filled with rtv and clamped to make sure it didn't pop off. Was still going strong after. 8-9 years or so when the oil pump output o-ring let loose on track. :(

ultimateirving
04-24-2014, 10:55 PM
These are all possible solutions.
I replaced the whole piece, by recycling a piece of the of pipe cutting the T part off and using two new pieces of rubber hose. Im trying to avoid future possible leaks

VVVVVV Picture of said pipe thanks VVVVV

ryandriftingfat
04-24-2014, 11:02 PM
You running a heater core?

If not you can cut down the hard coolant line under your intake manifold and you'll be rid of the feed port at the rear of the cylinder head.

http://givemeshred.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/givemeshred-s13-sr20det-coolant-line-shortened.jpg

Some more info, dunno if it'll help. http://givemeshred.com/sr20det-coolant-line-simplification/