PDA

View Full Version : 5 spd swap - green box?

mastaflash05
06-19-2004, 04:00 PM
im trying to hang my clutch pedal and theres a green electrical box that is in the way. what do i do about this? also are the 2 bolts that go to the master cylinder the only bolts that hold the pedl on, or is there a bolt on the top?

aricanderson
06-19-2004, 04:07 PM
ok first of all its been about one year since I did my 5sp swap. Although, there should be a cutout for the clutch pedal to go. There will be a hole a little bigger than an inch in the middle of two holes for the bolts to pass through one at the top and one at the bottom and there are not lined up. Second, you will have to cut out the hole in the middle. I used a drill and a hole saw that I brought from sears. Measure the hole because I may be wrong about the size in diameter. Then drill out the holes for the bolts to pass through. You should not have to move either the green box nor the brake master cylinder. I didn't from what I remember. If you need pics I can get you some.

aric

mastaflash05
06-19-2004, 04:22 PM
i have the holes drilled and everything. i was talking about the clutch master cyl., you know how the clutch master bolts to the 2 studs on the pedal assembly. - are those 2 bolts and the studs the only thing that mounts the pedal to the car, or are there other bolts?

SimpleS14
06-19-2004, 08:22 PM
i have the holes drilled and everything. i was talking about the clutch master cyl., you know how the clutch master bolts to the 2 studs on the pedal assembly. - are those 2 bolts and the studs the only thing that mounts the pedal to the car, or are there other bolts?

Those are the only bolts...but there is a cotter pin that keeps the resevoir attached to the pedal assembly.

Kid Zelda
06-19-2004, 09:51 PM
You mount the peda bracketl where that "green box" is, use that same bolt.

Remove the box, its related to the AUTO Trans .. ( forgot what it acutally does, but who cares .. dont feel like spending 2 min's to check what its for.. unless I'm getting pussy)

Ivan
06-19-2004, 10:39 PM
isn't the green box the auto trans ecu?

Kid Zelda
06-19-2004, 10:50 PM
isn't the green box the auto trans ecu?

nope..... nope

Ivan
06-19-2004, 10:52 PM
wheres the auto trans ecu located? I didn't disconnect mine, I just disconnected that green box(it let me remove the key).

Kid Zelda
06-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Above the ECU ..

mastaflash05
06-20-2004, 12:09 AM
ok. it looked like the bolt from the green box was used to mount the pedal. so i dont need the green box, or the smaller looking ECU located right by the main one? thanks for the help. i should be able to get it done now.