PDA

View Full Version : ka24det melting fuel pump fuse

consatantagrevation
04-17-2014, 10:10 PM
I recently turbo`d my dual cam ka now the wideband is reading 10s at idle and is melting fuses for tge fuel pump my help had the power wire for my electric fans ran to a relay and then to the fuel pump fuse I've tried everythimg to make it lean out but no success please help oh and the idle is around 300 and very choppy almost like a diesel loping

TheRealSy90
04-17-2014, 11:08 PM
So... You're still running the stock ecu? And I think you answered your own question about the fuel pump fuse, don't run other electronics off of it!

consatantagrevation
04-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Well its on a stock ecu and last week it ran fine until I got on it and now it just runs stupid rich

TheRealSy90
04-17-2014, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if something was damaged internally from a bad air/fuel/timing mixture. You really should have at least gotten a base map ROM tune before driving it at all after installing the turbocharger.

consatantagrevation
04-18-2014, 11:25 AM
well what could be internally damaged i probably have 50 miles on the turbo kit and got into it once but i guess once is enough to break something

heychris
04-18-2014, 12:50 PM
It's impossible for us to diagnose your car over the interwebs however it's extremely easy to damage an engine when you put a turbo/supercharger on it with a bone stock ecu and no management of any kind...your bad. Hope the bill to fix is not too high..

If your engine sounds like a diesel now or has dropped cylinders I would HIGHLY recommend you do some reading up on basic engine principles and high performance engine modification before you travel down this same road again.

Furthermore, it also seems to me that your problem of melting fuses is totally separate from your engine issues but likely contributed to your (what sounds like) FUBAR motor..

Again read up on this stuff....Google/Amazon are your friends here.

Good luck
Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk