PDA

View Full Version : Lifter tick - KA24de

Carnifex
04-14-2014, 02:34 PM
trading my coupe for a hatch, 240k miles no rebuild =\
Noticed a lifter tick, or what i believed to be a lifter tick. Rapid tapping noise, heard its also normal wear and tear for these engines.

wondering what it would take to fix, if i'm going to have to pull apart the head and bleed the lifters? or even replace them? or if i can just run thin oil/seafoam to free it up

already searched forums, lol seen alot of these threads on single cams but couldnt find any for dual cams

Snowballcoupe
04-14-2014, 02:49 PM
My single cam had 2 collapsed lifters when i bought it, i called nissan and they are 40 bucks each, chances are you just have one that isnt building up anymore. But then again lifters for single cam are hydraulic.

Nikzilla
04-24-2014, 02:29 AM
Hooooooooold up. KA's have lifters?

I thought the whole point to building a KA is avoiding all the lifter/rocker bullshit?

Driftwire
04-24-2014, 05:22 AM
I believe you most likely have slack in your chain causing a tapping on the top or side guide. Give more description on the issue. Idle? Throttle? RPM dependent?

mewantkouki
04-24-2014, 07:46 AM
Lifter tick on a dual cam KA comes from valve shims being out of spec. Check valve lash and replace your timing chain, guides, and tensioners. This is standard 120k mile service... lol