PDA

View Full Version : oxygen sensor simulator

kdillard21
06-16-2004, 09:26 PM
I figured most people don't know about it, at least for our cars since they have them for ford and chevy, but there are universal simulators to get rid of that check engine light or MIL (malfunction indicator lamp). A guy makes them and has a site www.o2simulator.com and also sells them on ebay (just search for "sensor simulator") for only 25 bucks. And it works like a charm, just three wires and its done. This only applies to people with hotshot and converter gutters though. Just thought I would let the people know since I sure didn't a few days ago.

S14DB
06-16-2004, 09:43 PM
I got the OBX on a '98 and never threw a code.

kdillard21
06-17-2004, 06:45 AM
well lucky you

skatanic28
06-17-2004, 06:57 AM
i was actually lookin into getting one of those. thanks :)
previous owner cut the wires off the o2 so now i get to find them.
the thing that i dont understand though, if theres a bung on the header, and then another one after the cat. why would it throw a code if they are both hooked up?

kdillard21
06-17-2004, 07:37 AM
because the one in front controls air/fuel ratio to help the cat do its job, the second doesnt control anything and only monitors cat performance. so if they are both hooked up but the second sees the cat as not performing its job, it throws the light, but you can trick the computer to thinking it is performing by putting in this simulator, just dont mess with the first sensor, its very important.

skatanic28
06-17-2004, 08:10 AM
because the one in front controls air/fuel ratio to help the cat do its job, the second doesnt control anything and only monitors cat performance. so if they are both hooked up but the second sees the cat as not performing its job, it throws the light, but you can trick the computer to thinking it is performing by putting in this simulator, just dont mess with the first sensor, its very important.
well thats the thing, there is a cat before that second sensor. so i dont really know why i would get a code. i just have the bulb pulled for now but i would definately like to have this taken care of.