PDA

View Full Version : Sr20det swap no start / ignition stays on with key out Help Please!

rightcoastimports
03-28-2014, 11:36 PM
OK so ive done a lot of searching and I cant find and real solid answers. Seeing if anyones had this problem or has some input. I am a pretty advanced tech but this one is driving me nuts...

car: 91 S13 that was an automatic
just did a full SR redtop swap w 5 speed

Problem:
turn the key to ON, fuel pump and all lights come on, but it wont even crank.
take the key out everything stays on like the key was still in the ON position.
fuel pump wont shut off and it keeps priming
so i have to undo the battery cable to get it all to turn off.

sounds like a short? bad ground/relay? fried ecu?

originally i thought the ecu wasnt grounded correctly. so i grounded the 10 grounds additionally in the SR engine harness right to the body kick panel area. still same issue. everything was wired correctly for the swap and the park switch has been jumped also bc it was an auto car.
any input would be awesome

jedi03
03-29-2014, 01:12 AM
Sounds like when i miswired my maf and fried my ecu

bigsparky
05-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Gosh Where do I start...bad pun..My car was !st blowing fuses on running lights then MOVED to a fusible link...uh oh...now what..ok then it moved to the link next to the 1st fusible link that blew...wow...this tech I have is going thru the same crap in his head that I went through...we tested a lot of wires and circuits(we were suppost to 1st) but it all boiled down to an old fire that toasted hoses(smog test showed a poor EGR valve...nope it was the hose...hole under it) but the headlight Combination sw is aftermarket and no way will it give the brain the correct signal...I put the original back on after 3 and its working really well...wow...stuuupit me...OEM will solve a gob of problem especially for the Nissan...they are sensitive too...oh donchya know...I hope this helps...:rl:...lata Sparky