PDA

View Full Version : KA-T Question

My240sx
06-14-2004, 08:37 PM
ok i need some help on what else i need to get to get my kit running. So far i have:
Turbonetics T4 Turbo
Custom Manifold
Down Pipe
Test Pipe
Greddy Type R Blow Off Valve
Custom Intercooler (18x9x2)
HKS Intake Pipe & MAF adapter

Need:
Fuel Management
35mm Wastegate
Gauges/Electronics

Just wondering if anyone could help me out on what i should get for fuel management and how to control the air/fuel ratios without buying a new like JWT ECU. I know i need injectors, turbo timer, boost guage, and then other gauges just need opinions on how to control the air/fuel ratios and stuff to bring it all together.

Thanks

Bbandit
06-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Before Everybody starts to say the popular word "search", Im going to help you out a bit. Just so you have something to look at or research.

35mm or 38mm tial wastegate works good. go find a cheap one.
Im using 4psi spring in my wastegate just because I like having a save mode. In-case something happen, I can run 4psi since this is my dailydriver car too.

If you want a cheap manual boost controller, PM me. I have some homemade MBC laying around. 20 bux + shipping. no spike.

Gauges: get boost gauge first. just so you know that you're not spiking or creeping, or even boost leak.
After that, get whatever gauges you're going to need. ex:oil pres, fuel pres, water temp, etc

Im running JWT ECU + 370cc + cobra maf right now. However, If i have to do it all over again, I'd go with Wideband O2 + SAFC + Z32 MAF + 550cc injectors.

The JWT ECU is not perfect, but it does its job. For simplicity of the install, go with JWT ECU, plug and play.
If you know any dyno shop in town, Go with Wideband O2 + SAFC + 550cc + Hacked maf/z32 maf
dont forget walbro 255lbh fuel pump.

If you want to chat with me personally, go ahead and IM me.
my AIM: maddphatt240

Grandpa
06-14-2004, 09:43 PM
That GReddy Type R won't even open below 8 psi (trust me, I know). So, if you plan on running below 12psi, I would suggest a different bov.

You also forgot:

Intercooler piping
water lines if you plan to water cool your turbo (use the TB lines)
Vacuum line - 4mm and 6mm silicon (www.roadraceengineering.com)
Silicon connectors
Hose Clamps
Vacuum T's
Zip Ties for Vacuum Lines
10-AN mild steel bung for oil return line (or appropriate bung)
Oil return adapter for turbo if you didn't get one with the turbo
oil feed line (4-AN or some other "kit")
Brass T for feed
oil return line (1/2" or larger, i.e. 10-AN)
Fittings, if applicable

For Fuel, I went with the emanage. I suggest JWT or wideband + emanage/afc/standalone. It's your call. When you do it, put on new OEM plug wires and 1 step colder plugs, gapped appropriately.

-john

My240sx
06-14-2004, 11:26 PM
hey thanks for the help guys and i will probably IM you to chat sometime.

Ricer240sx
06-15-2004, 12:49 AM
u might want to look into getting a clutch too, idk what the stock clutch is good for but i thinks its prolly like most cars and disigned for a little more power but not the kinda power gains ull be getting with a T4 lol

KevDog240
06-15-2004, 06:57 PM
1 step colder plugs, gapped appropriately.

what is appropriate gapping for 1 step colder? i think someone told me their car was around .30 and working great.

orion::S14
06-15-2004, 07:25 PM
For 4psi, stock gap is fine.

Hell, I run stock gap at 8-9psi and never get misfire, with 11.7-12:1 A/F ratios.

But a 6 heat range is good, maybe a 7 will net you a drop in EGTs...

- Brian