PDA

View Full Version : Removing and re-installing rear overs

KAs14slider
03-18-2014, 01:38 AM
Hi guys, I currently have some b-magic 30mm overs on my s14. I just bought origin 50mm overs. I understand that I have to drill the rivets out to get the old ones off but for installing the new ones, do you guys have tips on how to maybe use the existing rivet holes to install the new ones? Is there really a good way to do this or just drill all new holes and hope that non of the holes will be too close to the old ones?

KAs14slider
03-19-2014, 01:03 PM
So no one ever had to take off overs to put on wider ones?

pacotaco345
03-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Why don't you lay the new overfenders over the old ones and mark where the holes are?

Alamo_City_210
03-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Why don't you lay the new overfenders over the old ones and mark where the holes are?

Because it is waaaay easier to post on the internet and wait for someone to reply instead of doing the work. Thought you knew.

KAs14slider
03-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Because it is waaaay easier to post on the internet and wait for someone to reply instead of doing the work. Thought you knew.

Haha, I guess I am retarded but how do I mark where the old holes are by putting the new overfenders on? I can probably mark some of them off, like the ones in the trunk, but not all of them

zerodameaon
03-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Umm... Well seeing as you already have the old over off to do the way you are describing, why can't you just take the old over and lay it on the new one? That is one of two ways I can think of to do it easily, there are a bunch more but really if you fail at the first two its time to let someone else handle the job.

KAs14slider
03-20-2014, 01:48 AM
Oh, yeah, good point. The only reason I thought that might not work is because the old ones fit kinda shitty and origin fenders usually have a very nice fit so I doubt the two will sit on the car exactly the same.

fliprayzin240sx
03-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Unless the shitty one is an exact knockoff/copy of the origin ones, or they both copied the same original aftermarket fenders, I highly doubt the rivet spots/dimples would line up.

blueshark123
03-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Best bet put like a grease tab on each hole to leave an imprint on the overfenders. measure twice drill once trust me. Most holes can be marked from behind also, like trunk ones and take off interior trim on rear seats and u can to alot more.

KAs14slider
03-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Unless the shitty one is an exact knockoff/copy of the origin ones, or they both copied the same original aftermarket fenders, I highly doubt the rivet spots/dimples would line up.

Thats what I was thinking.

KAs14slider
03-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Best bet put like a grease tab on each hole to leave an imprint on the overfenders. measure twice drill once trust me. Most holes can be marked from behind also, like trunk ones and take off interior trim on rear seats and u can to alot more.

Thanks, that is a good idea. I will try something like this.