PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem HELP!!!!

lilaznjeff
06-12-2004, 10:44 PM
i have a 240sx with red top sr20det
few months ago i change the clutch master cylinder, because it was leaking under my dash. after i changed it i realized that my grabbing point is very low, i would say about 1-0.5 inches off the the floor. so i drove it for about a month. then i realized that my clutch was slipping. the rpm just flys right up, and the car does not go. at first it was not that bad. i had to rev up to like 2000rpm. then after like at week it got worse. i had to rev it up to like 3-4 rpm, then after like another week i had to rev it up to 5000 and above rpm.
i try flushing the clutch master cylinder but, it help for a little bit. i used brake fuild that was made for (abs). did i use the wrong fluid. i sure is no DOT approve.
1. should i get a new clutch master cylinder?
2 should i adjust the contact point of the pedel and flush the fluid from the clutch master cylinder.
3. should i get a new clutch and replace the bearing, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, and pilot bearing?
4, should replace the operating cylinder and the rubber line, where can i get one ?

please reply thanks