PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel hub problems S14

sleepyS14se
03-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Ok my s14 steering wheel is rotted and i have a grant steering wheel i was going to install. I bought Grant hub kit #3560. To my dismay the center hole where the splines are is way too big. On the grant hub lookup it says it fits s13. I Know from previous installs that grant never does list a hub for a car equipped with a airbag. So being the package stated it fits 89 to 93 240sx i figured it would fit the s14 also. When i look up higher quality hubs like mono, nrg, etc...It always says it fits s13 and s14.

I am not worried about turn signal cancellation or an airbag light. I just need to install this cheap grant wheel to get my by until i can get some money saved up for a grip royal or a nardi.

Has anyone on here ever installed a grant hub 3560 on their s14?

HELP lol

sleepyS14se
03-09-2014, 06:35 PM
anyone?? lol

eek
03-09-2014, 08:48 PM
If it doesn't fit, return it and get a cheap one off ebay like a NRG one that many people have exp with that fits and works. Most of those NRG/ebay ones have multi-hole to accommodate diff steering wheel bolt patterns so it should work with your grant steering wheel or whichever steeling wheel you choose. Or you could just source a OEM used steering wheel since I see most people just give them away or toss them.

sleepyS14se
03-09-2014, 08:55 PM
well i have a 3 bolt grant classic wheel i wanna use for the time being. I ordered a hub from summit that is another part number 3560. It says it fits 89 93 240sx so it should fit my s14 too right? I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. the other 2 hubs i tried were both from pep boys and were both open box and had been tampered with so i am hoping they were just mis-boxed.

zooopreme
03-09-2014, 08:56 PM
I never understood the concept of "I'll run this until I can actually afford something else", why waste your money. Unless your steering wheel is literally not usable, why waste your money on cheap crap that doesn't even fit?

Also, if you run a NRG hub, your airbag light will remain on. Price reflects what you shortcuts you take.

sleepyS14se
03-09-2014, 08:59 PM
well i bought a sr20det swap 1 week ago, a greddy intercooler 2 days ago, a spec clutch 2 days ago. A complete engine gasket kit for the blacktop sr20....money is tight bitch.

zooopreme
03-09-2014, 09:04 PM
well i bought a sr20det swap 1 week ago, a greddy intercooler 2 days ago, a spec clutch 2 days ago. A complete engine gasket kit for the blacktop sr20....money is tight bitch.

...okay? Cool. I purchased some groceries 1 week ago, a flashlight 2 days ago, and a gift for my girlfriend today. Finding cheap S14 steering wheels will cost much less than your ghetto Grant experiment.

sleepyS14se
03-09-2014, 09:19 PM
...okay? Cool. I purchased some groceries 1 week ago, a flashlight 2 days ago, and a gift for my girlfriend today. Finding cheap S14 steering wheels will cost much less than your ghetto Grant experiment.
:duh::duh::duh:
I have asked you politely at least 5 times to not reply to me, don't quote me, don't post in my threads. I have been nice about it and you just don't comprehend that. Are you mentally challenged? Or are you just plain ignorant? I am gonna contact a moderator regarding this situation because I have been nice about it and enough us enough man.

I have spent over 3 grand in the last 2 weeks. Money doesn't grow on trees. I shouldn't even Have to explain myself to a moron like yourself. I enjoy spending on performance parts rather than accessories. A steering wheel is a steering wheel, get over yourself zoopreme.

Contacting a mod agter this message

zooopreme
03-10-2014, 01:40 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I don't know who you are, to be quite honest, lol. If I see a stupid thread/post (like yours, in this case), I provide a response/advice/etc. I don't discriminate against new members and members from the beginning of the universe. It's cute that you would think I only single you out though lol

You can go ahead and message a moderators and/or admin. In this thread, I don't see where I have violated the rules. But based on what I see, you're a real sensitive boy though.

sleepyS14se
03-10-2014, 03:21 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I don't know who you are, to be quite honest, lol. If I see a stupid thread/post (like yours, in this case), I provide a response/advice/etc. I don't discriminate against new members and members from the beginning of the universe. It's cute that you would think I only single you out though lol

You can go ahead and message a moderators and/or admin. In this thread, I don't see where I have violated the rules. But based on what I see, you're a real sensitive boy though.

Don't play dumb buddy. You have been asked more than 5 times by me personally not to reply to me, and not to quote me. Everytime you reply to me or about me you are as negative as can be and your ignorance really shows. Once again, don't play stupid and not act like you do not recognize my username.

bmxer882x
03-10-2014, 03:29 PM
on a side note, I like your image when your the one flipping out on somebody posting on your threads.

I agree with zoopreme, why waste money now to just change it later? Hubs arent all that expensive :wiggle: Just keep the oem wheel. If it truely is to bad to use find another. I know a few local people who would give me theres... and theres like 5 240's in my city.

sleepyS14se
03-10-2014, 03:40 PM
If you knew the history between me and this moron you would see why i flip out. This jackass has been asked not to reply in my threads because we haven't gotten along at all on this forum since the day i registered it seems.

I would rather spend money on performance items rather than a steering wheel that people can oooo and ahhh at. I could care less what wheel i am using. There are no 240sx cars in my area. Unfortunately no junkyards have any. Being i have spend an ass load of money in the last couple weeks i do not have the money to spare right now on parts purchased in vain, that serve no better purpose than one that costs a 1/4 of the price.

sleepyS14se
03-10-2014, 03:42 PM
simple question i needed an answer to.

is the splined shaft on a s13 the same size as a s14. simple question that irritated the lesser beings.

JDMBart
03-10-2014, 05:10 PM
my grant gt wheel only attaches to my quick release with 2 screws because they do not align. Good enough for me thought

zooopreme
03-10-2014, 08:35 PM
I don't remember acknowledging your existence but now I'll remember you as the forum's idiot who doesn't know how to search using the forum's search function or google and cries to the admins/mods when somebody gives them advice in the thread they weren't supposed to make.

Speaking of which look what I found using one second of my time (http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=267505) AND (http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=100626) to answer your simple question. It takes a bit of brain power but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and thought you could handle it

is the splined shaft on a s13 the same size as a s14..

Go ahead, click it. What's this?! Not one... but TWO threads from THIS forum that answers your simple question!? Unheard of apparently for simple folk like you.

Did you need a thread? No. Are you a whiny douche? Absolutely.

There's an unwritten or less known rule of this forum and that is to search before you even think about writing a thread. You have failed to do that and you retaliating when you're being called out makes you look dumber than you actually are.

sleepyS14se
03-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Thanks for chastising me