PDA

View Full Version : sr Timing Adjustability?

brianglawson
06-12-2004, 06:55 AM
How easy is it to adjust the timing on the sr, we have it set pretty good, but since i have my new exhaust, and such it backfires alot, i would like to get rid of that, before tommorrow if possible.I know there is a special thing you need to do it, Maybe called a ConSult, or something like that, but is there any other way?

msaskin
06-12-2004, 08:19 AM
How easy is it to adjust the timing on the sr, we have it set pretty good, but since i have my new exhaust, and such it backfires alot, i would like to get rid of that, before tommorrow if possible.I know there is a special thing you need to do it, Maybe called a ConSult, or something like that, but is there any other way?

Just use a timing light.

~matt

brianglawson
06-12-2004, 09:49 AM
where can i put one in at?

AenjukuCar
06-12-2004, 02:39 PM
no, you dont put it in, you buy it at like pep boys or autozone, and then aim it at the timing gears.

brianglawson
06-12-2004, 07:22 PM
ah ok, well i borrowed a friends and i guess well see how it works

sr240mike
06-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Also, follow this procedure for checking timing. Warm up car completely then shut it off. Disconnect the tps sensor, turn on car and rev it a few times. Clip on the light to the +/- wires and point the light at the crank pulley. If you can put a white chalk mark on the mark 2nd from the right. This is 15 degrees btdc. If its off loosen the cas bolts and adjust. Dont forget to reconnect the TPS when you're done. Good luck

brianglawson
06-13-2004, 04:13 AM
thanx alot

msaskin
06-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Also, follow this procedure for checking timing. Warm up car completely then shut it off. Disconnect the tps sensor, turn on car and rev it a few times. Clip on the light to the +/- wires and point the light at the crank pulley. If you can put a white chalk mark on the mark 2nd from the right. This is 15 degrees btdc. If its off loosen the cas bolts and adjust. Dont forget to reconnect the TPS when you're done. Good luck

Uhh, isn't the 2nd mark from the left 15 deg. BTDC??

~matt

sr240mike
06-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Um no its 2nd mark from right.

nissantuner22
06-14-2004, 05:22 PM
keep in mind your looking at it as if your standing in front of the car looking towards the rear.