PDA

View Full Version : sr20det needs help

nef_s14
03-05-2014, 01:08 PM
What's up everybody I have 1995 s14 with a s13 black top sr20det. I have no problems boosting or shifting, but now on 5th gear the car starts to bog and hesitates like if it's getting no fuel at all. My speedometer is not accurate at all this starts to happen when it reaches 120 mph, mean while I'm really doing like maybe 60 or 70 mph. If anyone out can help or Knows what it could be, I would appreciate the help Fellas. Thank you

sil80dude
03-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Did this just start to happen one day? Did you change anything before it happened?
Is it rpm related like say if your in 5th at 4000 and it bogs under acceleration does it do the same thing at 4000 in 4th?

Download yourself a FSM and go through the troubleshooting guide to see if anything matches your problems then do some checks like:
Check all the grounds and give all your electrical connectors a wiggle
Undo the battery for a half hour and reconnect it then check your ECU and see if its sending out any codes
Clean your MAF
Check your TPS for proper sweep voltage

Check your coil pack ground, its at the back of the coilpack towards the firewall and its connected to the firewall. Pull it off and clean it up with some sand paper and the part where it bolts to the firewall.

Pull out the coilpacks and check them out. Pull off the little rubber boot at its base and clean that little spring at the base.

Since you have the coilpacks out pull the plugs. I would change them for how cheap they are just get some new copper ones. Stock boost runs a BKRE7 plug and above stock boost run a BKRE6 gap them to .28-.32 (at 20psi on a gt2871r i run bkre6 at .28 no problems for years)

If the problem still happens maybe try switching out the Ignitor chip witha buddy for a few runs.

Thats prettttty much it off the top of my head. All of this can be done in a few hours. I dont know what maf you run but Z32 mafs can be really weird. I noticed that if i rotate the maf 90degrees so the sensor is at side horizontal the car pulls harder and my air to fuels change a bit. Maybe mess with that.

Good luck eh

nef_s14
03-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanx for the reply. Yes it does happen with the rpm's being at 4000 at 5th gear, but won't let me boost, iv done it on 4th it boost but when. The speedometer reaches 120 mph, the problem happens, I'm wondering if it could be the vehicle speed sensor, maybe the cluster thinks I'm going to fast and send the Ecu a signal to shut injectors down, is that possible? Swap was done awhile ago it always happen just running out options at this point, motor is stock, f mic greddy, greedy down pipe, greedy evo2 exhaust. So that's pretty much it.

sil80dude
03-05-2014, 02:38 PM
ok i see . yeah maybe its something to do with the governor kicking in? unplug the speed sensor maybe? its under the intake mani by the fusebox.

Either way replace your speed sensor and do the checks i said see if that fixes it. I dont know if the speed sensor would do that with the ecu but maybe.

check this thread. ended up being a bad FPR
http://forums.nicoclub.com/sr-bogging-horribly-searched-to-no-avail-t541563.html